22.Fake Or Real

Ivana P.O.V

I sat in my car in front of my job just looking at the building and my mind still couldn't wrap around what happened earlier. From my bitch sister to my parents getting a divorce, and that was the big one. Love was something that I always hung to, maybe I didn't have a lot but I'll find love one day. Is love even real or do we all just find someone that we like enough and just marry them. I looked out my window seeing Kevin talking to a woman and getting very touchy feely with her. How do I know if I'm in love even? What if a make a 24 year mistake like my mother did? Do I really love Gabriel like I said?

I started the car and pulling off and heading home but I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to see Gabriel and start questioning him in his face. I stopped at a red light and looked at a couple cross the street and I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Hold it together Ivana." I said to myself pulling over to the side of the road.

I put my head down crying into my steering wheel when my phone buzzed. I grabbed it looking down to see that it was Gabriel texting me.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" It read but I just sat it back down.

I don't know if I'm okay but what I don't want right now is to face the fact that I may not be alright. I put my head back when I phone started to ring and I picked it up see it was my mom.

"Hello?" I said to her.

"Ivana sweetheart can we talk?" She asked me sadly.

"Sure, I'll come get you." I said hanging up.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk with her either. I don't want her to tell me that she was never in love with my dad, or she just got married to him because she was three weeks pregnant with "Paula". I pulled up to Freddy's house and my mom walked out dressed to the nines in a nice dress and heels. She walked around and got in and I looked at the time, 11:50.

"Where are you going dressed like that?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Well me and a few of my coworkers are going out, but I wanted to talk to you." She said closing the door.

"Alright." I said more sad then I wanted.

"I can see what you're thinking right now, Why am I leaving your father?" She said reading deeper then just my mind.

"Why are you? Is it really me that pushed you two part? Did you ever love him?" I said firing question's at her and she just took a deep breath and started.

"Well to start I'm leaving him because I'm not happy with him anymore. I have been with him since I was really 18 and I have given my life to be a wife to him and a mother to you kids. I want a life now before I die and with him I'll never have it. He is always mean to me and everything that goes wrong is my fault. That's why I'm leaving." She said looking at me and I didn't talk back.

"Next, no you never pushed us a part so don't mind your sister. If anything she pushed us apart more then anyone. She was the biggest voice against me her whole dame life, not you but you kids did play a role. He always treated you and Freddy as if you where nothing, and call you two horrible names over the years. I'm proud of you and Freddy, you two have become great adults with great job and shockingly great partners too." She said with a smile on her face.

She paused for a moment and I reached down starting the car. I pulled off thinking of everything she just as I listened to her talk still.

"Lastly, I still do love your father and I will always love him. I fell in love with him many years ago that's why I married him. Over the years he started turning into a different person, one that was mean, and hateful. I don't want that in my life anymore, but I don't want you to think you are going to make a mistake. People change sometimes but don't let that stop you for falling in love." She said looking at me.

I didn't say anything as she handed me a paper with directions on it. I drove her to the place, that was something like a club or maybe just a bar. She stepped out giving me a kiss to the cheek and before I pulled off she stopped me.

"Ivana." She said making me look up.

"Don't let me and your father stop you from falling in love. Just because my love didn't work out but that doesn't mean yours won't." She said smiling at me.

She blow me a kiss then slowly walked away from me. I pulled off once I saw her walk over to three other women. I drove back to Gabs house and once outside I just sat there looking at the one light still on in the house. I looked down at the time and saw it was almost 1:30 in the morning. I stepped out the car and knocked on the door but he didn't answer. I noticed a sign on the pot that read 'other pot'.

I reached over to the other one and pulled out a key that he hide. I opened the door and walked in looking at the mess around the house. I took my shoes off walking into the living room and there he sat on the couch sleep. My heart went into over drive seeing him and I smiled walking over to him. I went to the couch and softly sat down next to him, lifting his arm and draping it over me. I looked at him still snoring and reached up softly kissing him, and I know I really do love him.