Chapter 38: It's Just You & me

"*sigh* Things have been pretty quiet without Naruto and Akaashi." I said to myself, laying on the couch. "But it's a while since I'm all by myself. I don't remember the last time I wasn't with Naruto."

Naruto was with Jiraiya to get Lady Tsunade. As for Akaashi, he's with Takashi and the rest of the squad on a B-Rank mission.

You know what's the craziest thing that happened after the funeral of the 3rd Hokage, the elders of the leaf village wanted me to be the 5th Hokage.

I was in complete shock when I heard them say that to me. Of course, I declined their offer because I shouldn't be the Hokage. It's obvious that Lady Tsunade has to be the Hokage. I'm not capable to lead this village. I would have make the hardest choices that could lead to consequences.

They all agreed and Jiraiya already know where she was. He also wanted Naruto to be with him. And that's when I heard that Itachi and Kisume was looking for Naruto.

You already know what happened, so I don't want to put in the details. After they failed to snatched Naruto, they continued to find Lady Tsunade.

As for that, I was literally bored out of my mind. Just staring at a blank ceiling, listening my music. From that moment, I heard a knock coming from the front door. I slowly got off the couch and made my way towards the door.

Once I open it, I immediately knew who it was.

"Hi, Yuki-Kun!" Rin shouted with a grinned on her face.

"Rin-Chan! I wouldn't expecting you knocking on my door." I was astonished. I wasn't expecting her to show up in front of my door.

She giggled, "You're so silly. May I come in?"

"Yeah, of course!" I nodded as I lured her inside. I closed the door and said to her, "Have a seat on the couch. I'll grab you a bottle of water."

She nodded as I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator. I went to the living room and gave it to her.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"So what brings you here? Thought you'd be in a mission or something." I asked as I sat down next to her.

"No, I don't have anything that is work related for the time being. I just wanted to stop by and check on you since you're here by yourself." She replied.

"So you were just wondering what I'm doing when I'm home alone?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I have my reasons." Rin smiled at me.

"Is that so? Well, I really can't do anything for the past several weeks since my injury is still in a process of healing. So I just rest and had a staring contest with the ceiling which I lost multiple times." I explained to her.

"Interesting way to entertain yourself resting. Do you still feel any pain at the moment?" She curiously asked.

I shook my head, "Not really. But, when I try to stand up, I been having sharp pains on the wound."

"I see...Maybe I should check on you everyday and see how you doing, if you want." She suggested.

"Actually, I was kinda hoping for that if it was you." I smiled.

"Really?" She smiled back. "Then I will check up on you every single day. And you better not complain."

"Can't say I won't." I responded. Both of us look away and start gazing around the room while not talking. I glance at Rin who was messing with her hair which made feel warm inside. I couldn't help but to smile as I look away and spoke. "You know, I still couldn't believe that you were the one brought me in this world. I-I didn't have the chance to say thank you for what you did for me. You didn't even forget about me all these years ever we split apart."