Chapter 15: I'm Sorry, Baby Bro

Being back in the leaf village makes me feel like I actually belong here. I don't know why I feel this way, but this village feels like home. It's like this what my life supposed to be. All peaceful, everything is amazing. I don't know, whoever put me in here, I think that person wanted to have the best life that I can have. I feel that I got a second chance.

After what happen back in the real world, I was alone. Nobody wanted to talk to me, nobody wanted to hang out with me, even my parents didn't care about me. I've always think about it. I kept on thinking to myself "Did I do something wrong?" "Do I even deserve to live in the real world?" "Do I have a purpose to live?"

I wish that I have the answer to those questions. Maybe, the person who put me in here knows me. But, who was that person? It was a girl, that for sure. I don't know why, but that girl's voice sound very familiar. It sounded like someone who I knew when I was young.

Well, I guess I'll figure it out some other time. Right now, I woke up really early. Probably around 4. Naruto is going to to the academy tomorrow. I know he's going to pass the clone jutsu since I'd train him.

I didn't really feel like myself today. Guess I'm overwhelmed with everything that has happened to me and the situation in this world.

I got up and took a shower and change to my regular clothes. I went to Naruto's room and he was still sleeping. Probably dreaming about ramen again. I smiled as I left the apartment to take a walk around the village.

When I left the apartment, I transformed into a random villager to not get noticed. I look around and I see bunch of people opening their shop, kids playing ball, everyone smiling. It's really peaceful.

I look up and saw the Hokage monuments. I look at each of every face until I saw Minato's face. That's when another memory flashback.

Flashback (Young Yukine)

"Dad look! It's your face on that mountain!" Minato was holding me as I pointed at the monument.

"Yeah. That's me." Minato smiled at me.

"Wow! That's awesome! I want my face on that mountain! Can you do it? Please, Dad?"I pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Yukine. You can't put your face on the monument." He said.

"Aww, why not?" I look at him sad.

"You can put your face if you want to be Hokage, like your Dad." He explained.

"Then...I want to become Hokage! So I can be like you, Dad!" I eye closed grinned at him.

Minato was surprised but smiled. "So, you wanted to become Hokage?"

"Yeah! So I can be strong and help people." I said.

"I see...Well, Yukine, if you want to become Hokage, you have to do well at the academy, listen and be respectful to your Sensei and peers, and protect the people that are precious to you." Minato explained. "Answer this question, Yukine. What is the important job of becoming Hokage?"

"Um...To protect the village from the bad guys?" I asked.

"That's right. Very good, Yukine." He smiled, rubbing my hair.

"Yeah! Hehehe." I laughed while putting my hands in the air.

Minato took a glimpse at me and spoke, "I believe that you'll become a Hokage when you grow up, my son."