Book 1: Big Bro Chapter 1: The Book

'one day....i will be in.....world....'

"Narukami Yukine! Wake up!" I heard someone yelled my name. I groaned as raise my head and I look up. The one who yelled at me is my annoying teacher. Mr. Yamada. AKA Duckhead.

Why Duckhead, you may ask? Well, this guy won't stop freaking quacking. He always lecturing people about this generation or something which can get really annoying. Plus, he looks like a duck. Ever since I started this school, I've been living in hell because of him.

"Yes, Sir?" I asked with a tiring tone, yawning loudly.

"Wake your lazy ass up! I can't have a lazy bum sleeping in my classroom!" Duckhead yelled.

See what I'm mean about him quacking? I swear, one of these days, I'm gonna knock this obnoxious bastard out. I can't stand him with his big mouth going off like a alarm.

"This is one of the reasons why I hate this generation. Y'all are so lazy these days and can't learn..." Oh great, here he goes again. I can't learn from this crap. Who the hell wants to learn from this guy?

I sighed heavily with a face palm as I pretend that I was listening to him. That's when I dosed off and I thought about what is like to be in my favorite anime, which is Naruto. I mean, I'm a big fan of it. I have a imagination that make me think a lot of Naruto. I mean, I'd rather watch or read or even think of Naruto than Duckhead's lecture.

Speaking of Naruto, My all time favorite character has always been Naruto Uzumaki. Some say Minato or Itachi or even Kakashi. Don't get me wrong, they all are awesome characters. But, I don't just like Naruto because he's powerful and an awesome Ninja. Naruto really reminded of myself. I can really feel his pain and I also did some pranking on people to get attention. In my old high school, I was called  "The Prankster".

It really sounds corny, doesn't it? The reason why I did it because I didn't really had any friends. I wanted to be that person who want to be recognized or get noticed instead of being in the shadows. But, turns out that I've made myself worse. True, there was some people who like me and laugh the things I did but, the majority hated me for pulling pranks and stay away. They even give me glares every time they see me.

I thought it help me to become popular and able to make friends but, I've became the most hated kid in my school which led me to become an outcast to everyone. Not only that, the reason that I move to Tokyo, I was expelled from my old high school and I had to start all over from the beginning.

That's when my parents hated me for it and saw me as a disgraceful child. They told me that they couldn't deal with me anymore and made me move to Tokyo with my mother's brother.

To be honest, I'm glad that they made me move here. They didn't care about me and I didn't care about them either. You know, parents are suppose to help their children. Not my parents, they'd hate my guts like I was trash.

My uncle is actually a pretty good guy. He took care of me and understand about what I did. I was relived that he understand and accepted me. I wish that my parents was like him. I guess it's too late.

"Narukami! Are you daydreaming again!?" Again, Duckhead started quacking which made me snap back to reality.

Anyways, I'm sure you've already know what my name is since the beginning. I go by the name Yukine Narukami. Nice to meet you.

After school

Finally, school is over for today. I can finally get the hell out of here. I instantly got off of my seat, put my earphones on, put it on my chilled playlist, and walk out of the classroom without talking to anyone.

It was almost spring season and the cherry was beginning to bloom. It was still a bit chilly outside but not to the point where I have to wear a heavy coat and a scarf to keep me warm. Still, I wear a long sleeve for the time being. 

By the time I was out of the school, I've decided that I walk around and see what Japan have in stores. The difference between Japan and America is it's much more peaceful. The atmosphere and the culture is kinda better and their shrine is amazing.

Not to mention the place is so colorful. Bunch of Kanji I barely know what it means but still the color catches my attention. I really like colorful stuff.

I kept on waking around for like 30 minutes and it was getting late. The sun was setting and I started to walk back to my uncle's house until suddenly, I saw a kinda weird but interesting book store to my right. I was really curious about this shop and I don't know why, but something tells me that I should go in.

"Well, can't hurt to see what's inside." So I shrug and headed in. Once I open the door, I look around and I see mostly anime books. How come there's more anime manga books than other books?

"Welcome." I turned to the voice and it was kind old lady. She warmly smiles at me as she spoke once more, "What brings you here?"

I acted quickly and said, "I uh, stumbled upon this place and I couldn't help but to be curious about it."

"I see...well I really don't get readers these days anymore. Mostly people just read their books on their phone things, especially the young generations." The old lady told me.

I smiled for some odd reason as I respond, "I see...I may be young, but I still read books from time to time- just not too often."

The old lady softly laugh, "I'm glad there someone who still read books."

"Um...if you can, I was wondering if you have Naruto mangas around here?" I kindly asked.

"Why of course, I do have some. They're at the back corner to the right. You can't miss it." She nodded, pointing the way.

"Thank you." I nodded as I headed to the Naruto section. I look at the section and it had the whole collection of the Naruto series. I was amazed that it had the whole series. They even have DVD's of the show too.

My eyes catches the very first volume of Naruto. When I took it off the shelf, a book fell off the rack and hitted the floor. It was another Naruto manga but something about it is not like the rest. I was confused as I put back the other book and grab the weird book.

I look at the front of the book and it has a picture of young Naruto on the front cover. I never seen this book before. The title said "Big Bro". I look at the author and it doesn't have it.

'Huh? That's odd. I wonder who wrote this book.' I look at the back of the book, nothing. 'Is this some sort of fanfic of Naruto?'

I was so curious that I slowly open the first chapter. Once I flip the page to the first chapter, the pages was blank.

"What the?" I muttered. "No pictures? No words? It's all blank."

I was about to close the book until a small vortex appeared on the pages. I was so spooked that I drop the book to the floor.

The small vortex became bigger it began sucking me inside. I was traumatized. I couldn't able to move because my body wasn't responding. It's like it's paralyzed to the ground.

From that very moment, a voice behind me.

"You're free..." The voice sounded like a girl. I was about to turn my head till a feeling from my back pushes me to the vortex.

Everything was swirling all around me and I was floating, making me suffocate. I felt I was drowning until everything in my sight was pitched black.