Chapter 5

Kakashi and I were heading to the training ground. Just being with him and knowing who I am makes me feel uneasy. Usually, I'm calm and cheerful with him. But, ever since I left and coming back here as a different person, I feel guilty. I should've told Kakashi about it too- he's another person that I could trust. I don't know why I didn't told him. He's been there since the beginning. I kept my distance away from him.

Kakashi took a notice and spoke, "Do I smell or something? What makes you keep your distance from me?"

"I-I...." I couldn't talk to him like I used to. "I just can't get used to this like it used to be. Even though you already know the truth, I feel uncomfortable to be here. It feels like I have a lot of guilt inside me and a knife above me- like it's bound to drop on me any second. It wasn't supposed to be like this."

"So you don't want to be in the leaf village anymore?" Kakashi questioned, making me become quiet. I don't know if I can even answer to that. "Don't take this the wrong way but, it is pretty selfish for you to do that."

All of a sudden, Kakashi stops his tracks and turn to me as he took a second to respond, "However, I have made those kind of decisions my whole life and I still continue to regret them till this very day..." I gasped, thinking of all the things that he has been through. Kakashi has been through a lot since he was young and yet he remains stable and sane.  "...even though I regret them, it never stopped me from being here with you and the rest of the guys. In the end, maybe that's just how life goes. We all make mistakes all the time and we learn them day by day- keeping them in our lives and change the way we do."

Chills went down my skin, hearing the words he says, I just feel so astonished. Kakashi is one of few examples that no matter how life can be harsh and lead to horrible experience, don't let it consume you and keep on moving forward. I'm pretty much lucky to have him not only as a partner, but as a friend. No, not as a friend- like a big brother I can rely on. I wish I could prevent the events that he went through by going back in time. He really doesn't deserve it. All the things he been through, he still keep a smile under that mask towards us.

"Let's get going. We don't want to be late like last time, do we?" Kakashi started to walk away from while giving me a smile under his mask. I stood there for a second till my mouth curve into a small smile, making my way closer to him. Even though he knows the truth, he still treats me the same.

Few minutes later...

I saw Naruto, Akaashi, and Sakura talking to each other when we arrived. All three of them are smiling and enjoying their conversation. They probably catching up with some things after years apart. If only I was part of their conversation. My body felt stiffed as I stop my movement. Kakashi also stop moving. He look at me with curiosity. My eyes won't look away from Naruto and Akaashi.

"You know, they don't know who you are, right?" Kakashi asked.

"That isn't the issue. It just....." I just can't.

"If you keep on feeling like that, one day it'll get worse to the point where you don't want to be alive anymore." I turn my head to Kakashi who was speaking nothing but truth to me.

I couldn't help myself but to agree with he's saying. Eventually, I won't get out of this feeling if I stop thinking about all the regrets I did in the past. I need to focus on what's ahead in me instead behind. I sigh heavily, "I gotta focus....okay, I'm ready."

Kakashi nodded. All of a sudden, he put his hand on top my right shoulder and we teleported on top a cage where the three of them was waiting for us. Kakashi put his hand up with a somewhat innocent smile and spoke to them, "Sorry about that, guys. There was this old who need help with her bags and both me and Daichi had to help-"

"Don't even try to give us an excuse on being late again!!!" Both Naruto and Sakura yelled us while Kakashi sweat drop while I sighed heavily.

'All these years, they all still remains the same.'

Me and Kakashi drop down in front of them and we headed to the training grounds where we did the bell test. Akaashi walk up next to me and asked, "Excuse me for talking to you, what made you guys took so long to meet us?"

'You have grown well, Little Bro. If only I can be myself and give you a hug.' I smiled on the inside as I answered, "Kakashi-San was giving me the information about this test that you three are going to do."

"I see." Akaashi understand. "Pardon me for asking you this, are you a traveler? What made you come here in Konoha?"

'Akaashi seems suspicious of me. I should try not to look sketchy.' I thought as I replied, "I have travel around the world, looking for work. Perhaps you can call me like a 'mercenary'. But, I tend to help people that are in need and I was also looking for a place to call home. I've searched for years to find it. Most of the village turn me down till I found this village. Hopefully I'm acceptable to live here."

"And I'm guessing that's why Lady Hokage wanted to see how capable of you handling yourself?" He point out.

'Always a step ahead, Akaashi.' I smiled in my mind. "That is what I'm here- to be participate on whatever this test is going to be."

By the time we were done with our small talk, All of us made it to the training ground where we end up in front of the three logs that Team 7 did the bell test.

Naruto spoke up with a smile on his face, "Wow, this place brings memories, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, it does." Sakura agreed with him.

Kakashi replied to them while he reads his book from Naruto, "It was the time that Sasuke was with us."

Everyone including me became silent when Kakashi mention Sasuke. Just hearing his name made me reminisce the time with him and all of the regretful time that I've made with him. But, the last thing I need to do is keep on reliving the past and blaming myself every time. I have to focus on making this right.

By the time I shake off my head of thinking about the past, I look over Naruto and Sakura who were in grief about Sasuke. I can't really blame them for losing not a teammate, but a friend. By the look on Kakashi, he regret on saying Sasuke's name. He then close his book and pull out the two bells from his pocket.

"This test no stranger to all of you, except Daichi and Akaashi. However, I'm sure you both get the gist of what are the rules of the test." Kakashi turn to us as both me and Akaashi nodded. "Since there's three of you guys, Daichi will be assisting me on this test to make it a little challenging. We are not only gonna work on your teamwork, we're going to see how far your training in the past years improve."

"I see, it's going to be like old times." Naruto was pumped up as he slam his fist on his palm. "Let's do this!"

"One question." Akaashi put his hand up. "Is you two going to have one bell?"

Kakashi nodded, tossing the bell to me. I caught it as he said, "It wouldn't fair if I get all the attention."

"I guess that makes sense." I commented, strapping the bell to my pants.

"Alright, when I say start, we can begin." All of a sudden, Naruto immediately dash towards Kakashi, trying to retrieve the bell. Unfortunately, He was one step ahead of him as he pined Naruto to the ground. Naruto struggle to get Kakashi off of him. "You still don't have patience all these years."

"That's true, but I adapted since I left the village." Naruto smirked. Behind Kakashi, there was a clone pointing his kunai to him.

Kakashi softly chuckles, "Not bad. Looks like all those training has been paying off. However, I haven't said start."

'Naruto's agility is much more faster than before.' I was completely shocked when he was close to grab the bells. 'He hasn't been lacking ever since he train with Jiraiya and Akaashi. I'm having a nostalgic feeling.'

"Get ready..."