Chapter 8

So the situation of finding a place to sleep. I ended up sleeping to the only place where it's my favorite place to clear my mind and the best view, which is the Hokage monument. I could've ask Lady Hokage to get me a apartment, but I rather not bother her since she has a bunch of work piled up in her office.

I'm fine sleeping outside and I'm adjust on sleeping in a tent now. Plus, I really do enjoy the view on the monument. It's really the place to reflect on life and thinking on things. Such as thinking about what happened yesterday. The highlight from that day was Akaashi finding about my true identity. I guess I got too close to him where he was highly suspicious about me. But, I don't regret on reunite with him. I really do miss him and Naruto. It's been so long since we encounter. But now, I have to keep my distance from them for now on. Keeping on being with them will be troublesome.

At this time, I'm sitting on top on the edge of Minato's monument head, sipping on a cup of coffee that I brewed when I woke up. I haven't drank coffee I've made since I went undercover with the Akatsuki. I usually go town to town to get some but, none of them aren't really good. I remembered Tobi made some for me one time and it was the last time I ever try his coffee. Should've known he would do something stupid, especially his childish personality. His coffee taste like shit and had a weird aftertaste.

It's currently six in the morning and the sun is currently rising up from the crack of dawn. I waiting on Jiraiya who said to meet him in the morning. I already told him to meet me on the monument. I sat there till I was in a mood to hear some music.

I wish that my MP3 is still working but, it got busted up years ago. I would've put on some music for this moment. But then, I remember something. I headed to my tent and grabbed a scroll from my backpack.

I release the seal on the scroll and a guitar appear on it. I just remembered I got this guitar a while back when I was in a mission with Itachi. I didn't really have the time to play it.

Back in the real world, I used to play guitar when I was still an orphan. It really has been a long time since I played it. But, there's only one song that I still know how to play. I walk back to the edge of the monument and sat back down.

I had the guitar on my lap and rethinking the chords of the song. I took a deep breath and as I place my hand on the strings, my hands began to move naturally and I close my eyes.

I close my eyes, for once I don't have to try
I'm well-wishing for a life, I picture you happy, oh
In the weeds, we walked, your hand running through the moss
I was so lost in thought, but you were there living
You've taken me with you
Can I slow the days? I wish that I'll find the faith
I'll die and I'll save your place and you'll never suffer
We'll stay together
Oh, it's not alright, that one day we're all out of time
I'll write you another life, I'm sorry for crying
It's just that I love you
"One day" can't be far enough
I had lost my sight
So you sang to me the beauty you'd been seeing
If I can't stop time
I'll build a world where God cannot take us
There's no need to think of time
But then, you said, "Don't think of the time that's left
You're spending it in your head, I just want you laughing"
I'm sorry for crying, I just want you happy
So at last, goodbye
I'll be happy just to have known you
And we wished each other well

With a long silent moment after I play, I open my eyes and felt like I released my stress and was born a new. Comparing to Naruto's singing a long time ago, I'm not really much of a singer, but I do enjoy singing.

"My, it was a very long time since I heard you play a guitar." I turn my head and Jiraiya was next to me with a smile on his face. "And a added bonus, I never in my life heard you sing like this before."

I set down my guitar on my lap responding, "It's been years that I held one. I'm still shock that I still know how to play it. I don't usually sing while playing in public. I usually get stage freight. Though, I felt I wanted to sing just for the hell of it."

Jiraiya chuckles, "Well, you ain't half bad for singing. Still need some work on your pitch."

"Is that so?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why don't you sing me a song then."

"Ha! If I were to sing right now, it'll be for a young lady next to me." He joked, "Sorry, little squirt. Not in your life you will witnessed me letting my magnificent voice to you."

I smiled as I led out of a small laugh, "Shame." Things went quiet as all we heard was a gentle wind. During the time, I stare back my guitar and wanted to talk about a memory. So I spoke, "Y'know, there's this one time I caught Naruto singing when he was still a kid. It actually surprises me that he had a tremendous vocals."

"Naruto singing? That's one unusual talent coming from." Jiraiya commented.

"It was very odd that he could sing. But, he was amazed that I could shear a tear. I wish I could hear him sing again." I warmly smiled. "I wanted to teach him how to play the guitar before a certain event happened. It would be nice if I see him play it."

Jiraiya kept on staring at my guitar as he said, "It's not too late to teach him. One day, you can do that."

"Yeah. But, now's not the time." I put back my guitar in the scroll and stood up. "Let's get down to business. What do you have on the Akatsuki?"

Somewhere in Konoha...

Two people where sitting on a bench together in the park, watching a pair of twin boys playing catch with a rubber ball. One of them who was on the bench spoke up, "You know, seeing them reminds me of Naruto and their dad. I wonder if Yukine knows about those two."

The other person nodded, "Yeah they do. I think he knows, but I'm not sure."

The person who talked first stood up as he grab on the fence. "Ever since he went missing, he wasn't there when she gave b..."

His friend sighed, looking back the twins. "I know, but something's about his disappearance doesn't seems right. I don't know if you feel the same way, but I'm gonna get the bottom of this. I need to know what is the reason and why didn't he or anyone tell us about it. We've haven't heard or any word from him since that day."

The person holding the fence look back at his friend who gave him a serious look. He nodded "I'm with you there. I also want to know what happen to him. Question is, where do we start and who is the person we can talk about it?"

His friend thought about it for a second till something comes up, "I know somewhere we can find information about Yukine's case. Unfortunately, it is the most secured building in Konoha."

Without any thinking, the other look at the Hokage building that was near to the park. They both look at each other and nodded. Out of nowhere, a rubber ball bounce on top of the person's feet who was sitting on the bench. They both look back at the twins and they were running towards them.

"Uncle Raiden, Uncle Kitsune! Come play with us!" Both of the twins yelled out in unison as they pulled them.

Both Raiden and Kitsune smiled as Raiden walk next to Kitsune, "Well, I guess we can do that tomorrow. Let's have fun with them, right Kitsune?"

Kitsune chuckled, "Yeah, we can resume it tomorrow. Ready to have fun, you two!"

"YEAH!" They twins cheered as they all play ball together.