Chapter 26: I've reached my limit

I've been training Naruto the whole night after Tazuna told a story about Inari's father and he was getting better at focusing and maintaining his chakra to climb up the tree. He was doing well until he passed out exhausted on the ground.

I couldn't help myself but to smile at him and made my way to him and carried his body to a tree. I slowly put him down and laid next to him. I was tired to bring him back so I decided to sleep with him on the tree. I grab a blanket from my bag and put it over me and Naruto. I glance over him and put my arm around him. He move closer to me and started to cuddle me.

He smiled in his sleep which made me smile too. I slowly close my eyes and went into a deep sleep.

Times skip to morning...

I felt a chakra in front of Naruto. I took a slight peak and I saw Haku. When she about to notice me, I quickly grab my kunai from my holster and place it right on his neck.

"Haku, fancy seeing you here." I greeted, looking at him with a fake smile.

"Nice to see you too, Yukine Narakami." He said.

"May I ask you, what were you going to do with my baby brother?" I asked.

"I was just going to wake him up because he'll catch a cold out here." Haku explained.

I tilted my head and glare at him. "Is that so? Could you explained why are you reaching for his neck?"

Suddenly, I heard Naruto waking up. He slowly open his eyes and I immediately put my kunai back in my holster and acted nothing happened..

"Big Bro?" Naruto look at me and Haku confused. When he look at Haku, Haku smile at him which made him blushed "O-Oh hello...um...Wh-Who's this, Big Bro?" Naruto nervously asked.

"Oh uh... this is uh-" I was thinking fast until Haku spoke for me.

"I'm a friend of his. He was helping me gathering some herbs." Haku lied.

"Herbs?" He questioned.

"Yeah, that's right. They're for treating illnesses and healing wounds." Haku eye-closed smiled.

"Oh, can I help you guys?" Naruto volunteered.

"Sure, why not?" He nodded.

'Guess I gotta go along with it. Don't want to make anything suspicious.' I thought as we started to pick up herbs.

During when we were gathering herbs, I was keeping my eye on Haku if he does anything to Naruto. I didn't really listen to what their talking about since I heard their conversation a bunch of times. But I watch Haku's move. Then again, I feel sorry for Haku- being abandon and have the struggling to survive for the cold as a little kid seems rough. Luckily for him, Zabuza took him and treated him. That was nice for him.

After Haku was done picking herbs, He slowly got up and pick up his basket full of herbs.

"You'll get strong, very strong." Haku said which made Naruto happy. "Goodbye, we'll meet again sometime." Once he was about to leave, he spoke "Oh, by the way, I'm a boy."

Naruto stood there for a second until he started to freak out. "What!? I thought he was a girl!!"

I burst out laughing which made Naruto glare at me. "I-I can't breathe!! The way you realize..." I was holding my stomach as I kept on laughing. "I can't stop laughing! O-Oh, I'm gonna die!!!"

"It's not funny! Stop laughing!!" He exclaimed, blushing intense across his cheeks. "Whoa I've seen a lot of weird things in my life before, but this one takes the cake."