Chapter 36: The Funeral...

On the last chapter....

"I didn't know you were so impatient with someone like me, Yuki-Kun. It's not really you......."

"I-I never I  thought........I never thought that I would ever see you again............Rin-Chan....."

And so....we continue the story....

Why do I feel....sad? It's like someone is grieving for me? I don't know why.....

I gasped when I realized something's wrong. I grabbed Rin's shoulders and push her off of me.

"Naruto!" I shouted out. "Where is he!?"

Rin had a concerned look as she spoke, "He's heading to the Hokage tower with Tadashi and the rest."

"Wait? Isn't it today..." My words faded away as Rin nodded.

"Yes, today is The Third Hokage and your funeral." She said.

I gasped as I gripped the blanket. "How long when I was dead?"

"Three days." Rin answered.

"Three days? I've been dead for three days?" Back in heaven, it felt like I was there in a couple of hours. "But how...how am I even still alive?"

It took me a moment to process what just happened till Rin put her hands on mine. I look and she sad smile to me.

"I was the one who brought you back to life." She added.

My eyes became widened as I heard her said that. "You what? How's that even possible?"

"I-I....I can't tell you that, Yuki-Kun. It's hard for me to explain it to you. But we can't talk about it at this moment. Right now, I think it's best if you head to the funeral." She suggested.

Something's not right. Her body language and her facial expressions is off. Is she hiding something from me?

Nevertheless, I don't want to think about it right now. It'll lead me to more frustrations yet too much confusion while there's things I need to do. I'll talk to her after the funeral.

I stare at Rin and nodded. "Okay, but we're still going to have this conversation after the funeral, okay? I just need to know everything that happened and how you end up being in here."

She flinched a little as she look down and nodded. "O-okay."

I put my hand on her chin and raise her head to look at me. I smiled and hugged her once more. "I'm so happy that I get to see you again. You have no idea how much I missed you."

After I said that, I let go and tried to get off the bed. Rin stood up and helped me get up. She then went to a closet where there were a black outfit and my headband.

"You should get dressed up. I'll give you a hand." She spoke as I blushed a little.

"H-Huh? No, it's okay. You don't have to." I shook my head rapidly.

"Don't be afraid, Yuki-Kun. Besides, you need someone to help you get changed because you're still vulnerable from the surgery." She added.