Always Hello, Never Hell No

Bella POV

"I was wondering when I'd see you again!" Moo-maw stood just outside the airport terminal with Rooster by her side, both of their arms open to receive me into a big hug; I was glad to see they didn't seem to mind Luc, which meant that either they probably didn't know what had gone down a decade ago or they'd moved on like I had.

Giggling, I wrapped my arms around them both as Luc wandered off to find our luggage; he was giving us space, I knew, but I still already missed him. "Y'all were literally in Italy for my birthday a month ago, Moo-maw!"

"A month is far too long to go without seeing grandkids!" A tear slipped from her eye as she hugged me closer again, as if the constriction of her arms around me could make up for lost time. "You've grown into such a beautiful, strong young lady!"

"A beautiful young lady who has caught the attention of one certain man..." Rooster's voice was a quiet muse as he hugged me next, and I instinctively froze in his arms; if he even began to suspect that Luc and I were Mates, he'd call Mom and I'd be back home locked away from Luc faster than you can say pervert.

'I am not a pervert, thank you very much,' Luc growled quietly through my head, even while appearing at my side in the flesh; there was a playful glare in his eyes as we all began walking out of the airport gates to the parking lot. 'And your parents cannot, and will not, tear us apart, little one!'

Torn between wanting oh so desperately to believe him, and knowing just how overprotective my parents were, I decided to drop the issue and instead took a deep breath of Texas air; it had been a long time since I'd been to Texas, but it never ceased to thrill me. The Texas sun, however, was always hot against my skin, so I knew the sweatshirt I wore would have to come off eventually.

'You can bet your sexy little ass that it will be off, as soon as we're alone, baby!' Luc's voice was a sexy chuckle as he smirked down at me, brows wiggling suggestively. 'And those tight little ass-hugging shorts and tempting knee-high socks, not to mention that mint green thong and bra set that I know you've got on...'

My gray Converse stumbled across the parking lot as I practically choked on my own breath; a fusion of images and fantasies, doubts and fears swam around in my head as I slid the Mind Block into place, at least until we were away from Moo-maw and Rooster. What if they had somehow heard his thoughts, or I physically reacted whether than just in my head?!?

'You've got to be joking if you think a simple, cute little Mind Block will keep me away, little one, because it won't,' Luc smirked, voice mixing a rather angry growl and a sweetly caressing murmur together, 'And neither will your parents or Moo-maw and Rooster!'

By this point, we'd arrived at Moo-maw and Rooster's Suburban, where Luc loaded our luggage into the back before holding the back door open for me; wordlessly climbing in, I'd be lying if I said the look that passed between us didn't ignite the all-too familiar, always welcome fire in the pit of my stomach and nether regions.

'You do realize that the sex is gonna have to stop, right,' I giggled, raising a brow in mockery, as he slid into the seat beside me. 'I mean, I am carrying your child!' I'd only been pregnant for about two and a half weeks, but that didn't mean that I didn't already have maternal instincts that screamed at me to protect my baby; being a Shifter only intensified those already growing feelings within me, and I wondered if one day I'd just all of a sudden snap beneath the weight.

'I won't let you, sweetheart,' Luc murmured sweetly through my head, our eyes locking across the space between us. 'I will always be here, little one, for you and the baby- our baby.'