Apparently, I Haven't Broken Up With My Boyfriend

Pic of Milly up top ^^

Bella POV

"You're going all the way to the United States with him, for a week and a half?!?" Milly spat into the dirt near my feet with a growl, pacing back and forth and running a hand through his hair. "He leaves you for a fücking decade, and just like that," he hisses, holding his thumb and forefinger about an inch apart, "you two jump into bed and go all the way to the US with each other..."

Running a hand through my own hair, I blew out a slow breath, one part of me wishing that Luc was here so he could threaten Milly to shut his face but the other part knowing that if Luc killed Milly I'd be the first one at his funeral. "Milly, we both knew this was gonna happen one day; we agreed in fact that we'd call it quits once we found our Mates..." Grabbing his elbow as he brushed past me, I turned on the doe eyes that I knew killed both he and Luc as a small smile flitted into a frown on my lips. "We agreed that we would be happy for each other, remember?"

"Not when he is your Mate!" Whirling around to face me, his eyes glared into mine, but I knew he wasn't angry with me; he was angry with our situation. "Have you forgotten how much it hurt when he left you, Bells, how many times you cried over him?" His hand slowly reached to cup my face, thumb tracing my lip, as I involuntarily leaned into his touch; it wasn't that I wanted to hurt Luc, or lead Milly on, but Milly and I had been together for the past 3 years, and we still had some feelings between us. "Have you forgotten how good it feels for someone to want you for more than just sex?"

"Milly," I murmured, eyes beginning to fill with tears as I ran my own finger along his jawline, "please don't be angry; we knew this day was coming..." Sighing, I loosened my arms from around him and let them fall to my sides, slowly shaking my head. "Of course I haven't forgotten how many times I cried over him, or how often you were there for me when I did, but at some point, I've got to just forgive and forget- so do you!"

Scowling, I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot, wishing that Milly would just see sense. "He's my Mate, Milly- I'm happy with him, in a weird sense of the word and will eventually love him... Can't you just accept that, that I'm happy, no matter who it is that makes me happy? As for the sex, well, that's not something I feel like I should discuss with you..."

Turning on my heel, I was about to leave it at that, and leave him alone, when his hand wrapped around my elbow and tugged me backwards, against his chest. "You're not getting away that easily, Bells- not when we've had 9 years together and he just showed back up..." Slowly turning me around in his arms, his breath fanned over my face as he leaned down, lips slowly nearing my own. "Not when I still have feelings for you like I do." Then, his lips slowly met mine.

~000~

"Milly, stop," I murmured, pulling away from him slowly, "we can't... I have a Mate and you do too, somewhere out there." Putting my hands against his chest, I slowly pushed him away in an attempt to maximize the amount of space between us, even as his arms held fast around me.

"And where exactly is this Mate of yours?" His head swiveled around from side to side, scanning the woods around us, as if looking for something, or someone. "I don't see him coming to tear my head off or anything, do you? Maybe we could just do this," he murmured slowly, lips brushing against mine once more, "again." Another kiss, "and again," followed by another kiss, "and again."

"No, Milly, stop! I can't do this to Luc- I won't do this to Luc." Really shoving him away this time, I growled and crossed my arms over my chest, pacing. "I don't care what he's done to me, Milly, he doesn't deserve a girl who just throws herself back into another man's arms when the going gets tough... He needs someone strong and responsible, loyal and respectful, someone who will stand up for and with him..."

"Oh, because he was there for you, wasn't he? He sure did respect you when he just ripped your clothes off, didn't he? Goddess, Bella," he growled, running a hand through his hair in frustration, "can't you see what he's doing to you?!?" Grabbing my hands, he slowly pulled me down beside him on the ground, voice softening. "He hurt you, Bella- what if he does it again? I don't know if I can keep picking up your broken pieces..."

"He won't hurt me, Milly- he might not love me yet, but he will eventually, I know he will! And I'm not broken, Milly- I'm not some fücking china doll that you have to protect with your life... But I am a fücking grown woman, who can make her own decisions about what and who makes her happy! So just leave me be, and stay out of mine and Luc's private life!"

"All this," he spat with a glare, standing over me, "from the woman who doesn't even have the decency to break up with me like a decent, respectable person who would actually have the morals not to lead a man on!" Then, he jerked me up beside him and buried his tongue in my mouth. "I still love you, Bella, and I'm not letting you go anytime soon!"

"By the goddess, you fücking are, pup!"

~000~

"It's not what it looks like, Luc, I swear!" Jerking out of Milly's arms, I glanced worriedly between the two men as they glared across the way at each other; Luc practically blurred across the space between he and I and wrapped me in his arms with a low, angry growl. "Nothing happened, Luc, I swear!"

"I know nothing happened, baby," he murmured, lips gentle against the side of my head, as he continued to glare at Milly. "I know you wouldn't do anything like that; you have morals and know right from wrong and would never think to hurt your Mate."

Milly paled as Luc spat his words right back at him; wonder how he felt, being talked to like that... Holding his hands up in surrender, he rolled his eyes with a scoff. "Look, dude, I didn't mean to be so due about it- I just couldn't believe that she'd just fall at your feet again, come crawling on hands and knees back to you; I mean, you did leave her for a fücking decade!"

"I know what the fück I did, pup, without you reminding me every fücking five minutes!" Growling, Luc took a menacing step forward even as I clutched at him, although secretly hoping he'd just knock Milly's lights out so he'd leave us alone. "But my little Mate has forgiven me, and we've moved on from that, so why can't you?!?"

"Besides the obvious fact that you ripped her heart out when you left, I can't just let go of all the times we've had together, or the feelings between us- because there are feelings between us, aren't there, Bells?!?" Milly smirked for a mere second before Luc ripped himself out of my arms and practically blurred across the space between them and knocked Milly right on his ass. Talk about falling hard... "And she hasn't even broken up with me yet..."

"Is that a subtle enough breakup for ya, pup?!?" Shoving his tongue past my lips, Luc wrapped a hand within my hair and clutched me tight, possessively cupping my ass with his other hand. "Y'all are officially over, and my Mate is officially mine!"