Dirty Little Secret

Bella POV

"Look what the Wolf dragged in..." Garrett's head tilted to the side as he gazed keenly between Luc and I, quick to notice our clasped hands and hushed whispers. "If it ain't my baby sister and the jackass that deserted her!"

Squeaking, I turned on my heel in slow motion with wide eyes as Luc followed my movements from the step above me; my fingers tried to tug out of his back pocket but he merely gripped my wrist tight, ensuring that my hand didn't go anywhere. Ignoring him, I pasted the most innocent, doe eyed look on my face just for my big brother and gulped, ready to go through hell and back if I meant I could keep Luc with me. "Bubby, you know I'm a big girl now; I can make my own decisions, so if I wanna be, uh, friends, with Luc again, that's my business..."

"Friends, my ass!" His eyes narrowed into even smaller slits as he glared between us, gripping my elbow to tug me tight against his chest; he might have been rough, but it was the first "hug" we'd had in awhile. Maybe I was indeed too involved with Luc; oops! "Friends with benefits, more likely," he whispered, voice so low that I knew even Daddy couldn't hear it. But surely, if he wanted Mamá and Daddy to know, he'd have said it a little louder... Maybe he didn't want them to know, just yet...

Squishing his lips together, I tugged his face towards mine to block off his sight from Luc, who was busy creeping up the stairs to my room, and gave him my biggest, puppiest eyes ever. "Bubby, I'm a big girl now... I can handle myself, and I can handle whatever the hell I've got going with Luc, okay? Just please please please don't say anything to Mamá or Daddy...!?! Let's see where this thing goes with Luc, then I'll tell them, I promise!"

"Dammit, girl, why can't I say no to you?!?" For the same reason Luc can't, obviously! Because I'm fucking adorable! "Fine," he sighed slowly, eyes boring into mine, "I won't say anything- yet- but you better figure out what the hell you've got going with that ass-hat before it gets too serious..." Releasing me, he turned on his heel to walk away, as I blew out a relieved breath, just before he caught my elbow again. "I'll always be here for you, Abellia, you know that right? If you need anything, just say my name and I'll be there! I love you, little sister!"

Then, he was gone and I was free to speed up the stairs to my room. Throwing my door closed behind me, it was only then that I was able to pause and take a deep breath; and goddess if that breath didn't reek deliciously of my Mate. But where was he?!? Wait, why is my bath water running?!? And why is it so dark in here?!? Wait, are those candles?!?

Raising a brow, I walked through my candlelit room with an immediate smile curving onto my lips as I reached my bed; rose petals scattered into a haphazard yet still beautiful heart as chocolates of any and every kind filled the middle. Did my Mate do all of this for me?!?

There was no doubt about it! My room hadn't been this clean in a long time! He'd made my bed, decluttered my floor, and even spritzed the air with his delicious scent- not that he could have actually bottled up his scent, but that's what it smelled like he did, anyway. Oh yeah, my Mate was definitely going to be rewarded very well later on...

Deeply inhaling one last time, I followed the candles and rose petals that littered across the floor towards my bathroom. Blowing out a slow breath, I walked just as slowly into my en suite before flat-out stumbling to a stop; Luc, my Luciano, had done all of this for me?!?

Steam covered my mirror as it rose up from the bathtub, wafting smelling oils through the air; nothing could beat the way my Mate smelled, though, but at least he tried. Rose petals and bubbles floated on top of the water, so hot that I could barely stand to touch it. And something that was so hot that I could barely stand to look at was my Mate!