Losing You Means Finding Us- Part One

Bella POV

Blood was everywhere. The bedsheets and my legs were sticky beneath its coating as I jerked my body out from under Luc, head spinning. Something was very, very wrong.

Clutching my belly, I practically flew to the bathroom in an all-out sprint, only slowing down once I'd closed and locked the door behind me. Not sure what to do, or even what the problem was, I skimmed my fingers over my body to check for injury, my heart sinking when I found none. Just as I'd thought...

Dropping my hand to the apex of my thighs, I sucked in a breath that stank of my blood before pulling my hand away to see that it, too, was stained with the dark substance. A protective hand rose to cup my stomach, and the tiny life inside it, as the adrenaline slowly left my body, leaving me to spin into a panic spiral.

I'd heard about miscarriages before, but obviously couldn't exactly go and ask Mom, so I wasn't sure that much about them; all I knew was that there was supposed to be a lot of blood and a lot of pain. Is that what was going on?!?

Had I miscarried our baby?!?

No sooner had that thought crossed my mind than darkness swam in front of me and I dropped to the floor.

I had miscarried our baby!

Luc POV

A loud thump echoed through the room, barely stirring me, as my hand searched blindly for Bella's. No sooner had my fingers brushed against the still-damp stain than I was on my feet, eyes frantic; blood was everywhere, but my Bella was nowhere!

Following the trail as it dripped onto the floor towards the bathroom, I couldn't help the low growl of panic and worry; why was there so much blood?!? "Bella!"

My hand turned the knob and pushed against the door, only to find it locked up tight. Snarling, my first thought was getting to my Bella as quickly as possible; in the next five seconds, the door collapsed in on itself beneath the weight of my bare foot as I rushed inside.

"Bella!"

Falling to my knees beside her, I immediately pulled her into my arms, her head falling slack against my chest; now I know what had made the noise that had woken me up! She had slipped or tripped or passed out and fallen against the edge of the bath tub- and I had been asleep in the next room! What kind of Mate was I, to sleep soundly without her by my side, when she had fallen, was hurt, and I wasn't even there?!?

She might have had a concussion and I would find out soon enough if I didn't wake her anytime soon. Still, my fingers gentle yet urgent as they skimmed over her body, searching for even the smallest of scratches, anything that might tell me what exactly had happened.

"Mia bella, perfetta piccolo compagno!" My native language rolled from my tongue easily, like always when I was stressed or in a panic. "Oh, mia cara, si prega di svegliarsi! Si prega di non essere in alcun dolore di qualsiasi tipo, il vostro o il bambino!" ((My beautiful, perfect little Mate; oh, my darling, please wake up; please don't be in any pain of any kind, your or the baby))

Even though I hadn't found any outer, physical injury, I wasn't stupid, and I saw where the blood was; had she had a miscarriage?!? "Si prega, luna dea, per favore non perdiamo questo bambino!" ((Please, moon goddess, please don't let us lose this baby))

Still, my Mate was the most important thing to me right then; so long as she was okay, even if we lost our baby, I would be okay. "Non ti azzardare a prendere il mio compagno lontano da me, dannazione! se è necessario, avvolgere il nostro bambino in braccio e lui e / o la sua casa prendere con voi, ma non prendere la mia Mate via!" ((Don't you dare take my Mate away from me, dammit! if you must, wrap our child in your arms and take him and/or her home with you, but do not take my Mate away!))

I wanted to know whether she'd had a miscarriage, wondered if there was any way that I could examine her and know for certain, but she was unconscious and I wasn't about to take advantage of her like that. Besides, she was indeed unconscious, so of course that was my first priority.

Cradling her in my arms, I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before slowly lowering her back onto the ground. "Io torno subito, mia cara, lo giuro!" ((((I'll be right back, my darling, I swear it))

Standing, I fetched a wash cloth from the cabinet and soaked it with water so hot that I could barely stand it before returning to her side; pillowing her head in my lap, I rested my hands beneath her hand and slowly, hopefully gently, began to massage the back of her head, where a sizable knot had already formed.

A quiet, pain-filled moan made me freeze in place as her eyes fluttered back and forth beneath her closed eyelids; was I hurting her, or was it merely that the knot on her head was already tender? Still, she didn't wake, or hardly even stir. Goddess, please let her be alright!

"Non sto cercando di causare dolore, tesoro, lo giuro! Sono così dispiaciuto!" Gently brushing my fingers through her hair to look for any other injury, I then grabbed the wash cloth and set to work slowly wiping away the blood; what else was a man to do?!? ((I'm not trying to cause you pain, sweetheart, I swear; I'm so sorry))

Gazing down at my Mate, I brushed away the tendrils of hair that clung to her forehead, matted to her skin with sweat and tears. "Sarai a posto, la mia Bella, lo giuro! Se devo fare un patto con il diavolo lui stesso, lo giuro sarà bene!" ((You will be okay, my Bella, I swear it! If I must make a deal with the devil himself, I swear you will be okay!))

It was still a foreign notion to me that one woman could make me feel in such a way; the only "example" of Mates that I'd had growing up had been what my aunt had told me, and that wasn't much. Still, I knew what I was feeling now, and she was worth it- my Bella was worth it.

I'd never had just one woman at a time, but Bella was the one and only woman I needed for the rest of eternity; I'd never shown devotion to a woman before, but I was more loyal to Bella than I was to ending the line of my father's rogues; I'd never allowed any woman to get so close to my heart, yet I already knew that Bella owned me, heart and mind and soul and body. She was mine just as much as I was hers.

When she was hurting, I was hurting; when she was angry, I was angry; when she cried, I cried. When she was hurting or angry or crying, I would gladly tear out anyone's heart who made her feel anything less than happy, safe, and loved.

As I clutched her in my arms, certain that I'd make the damn devil himself pay if she were hurt in any way, shape, or form- I'd gladly kill him if she didn't wake up at all, for some reason- I froze stock still in complete and utter shock.

I had finally come to the realization about why I had let her affect me in such a way; at the grand epiphany that I'd stumbled on, a lone tear gushed out of my eye and slid down my cheek, onto her own skin.

"Ti amo."

A/N: I'm gonna leave y'all with that and let y'all guess what that last little bit was.................