Wear My Mark Like A Pearl Necklace

Luc POV

"Why'd ya leave her, man?" The pup's voice was soft and thoughtful as he slumped in the chair, watching my precious little Mate roasting marshmallows for a s'mores over a small bonfire we'd all thrown together.

Humming in mute approval as her warm, pink tongue darted out quickly against the corner of her mouth to clean her face up- she'd actually eaten more than she'd roasted- I faced the pup with an inaudible growl. "I'm gonna tell you, pup, like I told my little Mate: it was for her own good, for her protection. I didn't want to accidentally snap one day after I turned 18 and hurt her; goddess, I don't know what I'd do if I ever hurt her..."

My green eyes flickered dismissively towards him as I growled once again. "Now, you, if you were to hurt her, I would not hesitate for a second before I snapped your pathetic little neck. Sure, she'd be mad, but there are plenty of pups to go around!"

"And you don't think leaving her didn't hurt?!?" His voice was a scoff as he rolled his eyes, spitting into the dirt practically at my feet. "Bullshit! Do you know how many times she cried over you, how many times she asked me why you didn't stay?" Growling, he stood and stormed over to me, blocking my view of her. "How come your Wolf didn't tell you that she was your Mate?!? Why didn't you come back after awhile?!?"

Shoving him aside, I smirked as Bella rolled her own eyes, coming towards us with a grin, and perched her sexy little ass in my lap. "Mhm, baby, I think you missed something!" Marshmallow coated my tongue a second later as I licked along her lips and chin, enjoying the taste of my Mate and marshmallows mixed together. "All better!"

"One more thing!" That damn pup just didn't know when to quit, did he?!? "If she's your Mate, and you're as overprotective as she says, why haven't you Marked her yet?!?!" The pup folded his arms across his chest with a raised brow and glanced between us, tapping his foot impatiently, as if daring me. "Are you sure you're her Mate?!?"

Cupping the back of her head, I dipped her so she lay across my lap, eyes gazing into mine; raising my own brow, I caressed the skin of her throat as she sat right back up, swinging her legs around my hips so she straddled me. "We don't have anything to prove to that damn pup, baby... We can wait as long as you'd like."

"See!?! I knew you two weren't Mates! As if the Fates would make a mistake like that..." He practically laughed in our faces, which made Bella cling to me as tears built behind her eyes. Was the little pup ready to die so damn soon?!?

"Luc and I are not a mistake, Milly, but you and I are!" Her lips crash landed on mine hotly as she tangled her fingers into my hair with a moan, clearly wanting to piss the pup off as much as he just had her.

Trailing a long, slow kiss along her throat, I smirked as my Wolf canines extended, feeling the pleasurable yet painful pull to show the pup up and Mark my Mate then and there; they brushed against her skin softly as I neared the junction of shoulder and neck, where basically all Mates, male or female, were Marked. She moaned at the feel of my canines against her throat, and that only made me ache more. Goddess, I wanted her right here, right now- right in front of that damn fücking pup, just so he'll finally believe me and shut the fück up!

That thought in mind, I slowly brushed the hair away from her neck with a small smile as her eyes met mine, shining brightly. Dragging my teeth across her skin again, I shuddered in anticipation as she moaned; was she honestly as ready for this as I was?!?

Kissing the apex of neck and shoulder, I held her tight as my canines pushed into her skin, assuring that my Mark would forever be there. She was officially mine and no one would dare to take her away from me or hurt her ever again!