When My Mate Meets My Boyfriend

Bella POV

Big ol' world, please just swallow me up right now! Flashing an innocent smirk at Luc as he glanced between Milly and I, I quickly sidestepped him and wedged myself between the two manly, muscular chests. "We need to take this outside, right now..."

"Have you forgotten to mention something to me, baby?!? Something about a certain testosterone-filled unmated male werewolf?!?" Luc's eyes narrowed into a glare as he tightly wrapped an arm around my waist from behind, clearly not caring whether anyone could see us or not; but I certainly did! Twining our fingers loosely, I then pushed Milly backwards as he turned mid-step and followed us out the door.

Once we were outside, I blew out a breath and ran a hand through my hair, managing to untangle myself from the cage of Luc's arms; he wasn't at all happy about it, and simply wrapped me right back up with a low, sensual growl in my ear. "You're not going anywhere until you explain yourself, little one..."

"You can't just treat her like that, man!" Milly practically exploded, shattering through the quiet, caring boy who'd become more than just a friend to me over the past few years- yep, he was still my boyfriend... "If you are who I think you are, you have no business around her!" And he was taking on my Mate...

A low growl vibrated through Luc's chest as he rather roughly pushed me aside, standing chest to forehead with Milly; the height difference between them made my body shake with internal laughter even as I tried, and failed, to once again step between them. But neither of them were having it, and that worried me; what if one, or both, of them got hurt?!? "Oh yeah?!? And who exactly do you think I am, pup?!?"

"I think you're the asshole who left her behind for 10 years! I think you're the reason that I found her, that we're together!"

"And I think she's the only reason I haven't knocked your damn light out yet! I think I'll do whatever it takes to protect her and keep her happy, even if it means letting you live to see tomorrow..." His lips curled into a snarl even as they pressed briefly against mine, still with the same heat and passion as always. "And I think you'd better hurry your lazy ass up and rethink your relationship with her!"

Milly crossed his arms over his chest with a raised brow and flared between us. "Why would I do that; I am her boyfriend, after all... Who are you, but the man who didn't even have the balls to say a proper goodbye before you left her for 10 fücking years?!?

"I'll tell you exactly who I am, pup!" Then, his lips crashed onto mine, tongue forcing past my lips to take begin a quick, brutal dance with mine. "I'm her Mate!"

~000~

"I told you that I found my Mate, Milly," I quietly whined, running a hand through my hair, as I attempted to sling an arm around his shoulder; but he nor Luc was having it, and I quickly found myself perched in Luc's lap. "Please don't be mad..."

"Oh, I'm not mad, Bells, I just cannot possibly fathom how the Fates threw you two together!" He chuckled tightly with a roll of his eyes, and continued: "I mean, what are the odds that your childhood best friend who left you for 10 fücking years-"

"-I did it to protect her, pup!" Luc's voice was a quiet snarl as he cut Milly off, rolling his own dark eyes even as they darted around anxiously; we weren't exactly being quiet, so thank goddess for the loud partying going on inside...

"-could possibly be your Mate!?!" Milly finished his sentence with a low growl, not taking too kindly to being interrupted, and glanced just as quickly around; I could tell, in that glance, that he didn't want Luc and I to get caught any more than we ourselves did... He wanted me to be happy, even if it was with Luc, and that made me happy.

Giggling rather nervously, I ran a hand through my hair again with a small smile as Luc's fingers tangled with mine. "I certainly didn't expect it at first- hell, I'm still processing it..." Glancing over my shoulder, my small smile grew to a grin as I chastely kissed him, lips light on his. "Looking back now, I guess I could see how we ended up together, even after him leaving me; I mean, he was always there, always so protective, always wanted my happiness before anything else..."

"That hasn't changed, ya know," he murmured, clearly forgetting Milly's whole entire existence, as his lips slowly melted against mine, hot and sure. "Your happiness will always be my first priority- after your safety, of course- and I will do anything to keep that beautiful smile on your lips."

"Well, now that you mention it, Woofie," I murmured quietly with a slow flutter of my eyelashes, "would you mind getting over your pissing contest with Milly and learn to get along with him?!?" Fluttering my lashes again, I puckered my bottom lip as my eyes swam, arms threaded tightly around his neck. "Pwetty pwetty pwease?!?"

"Anything but that!" He chuckled with a roll of his eyes and took my pouting lower lip between his teeth, eyes locked with mine the whole time. "But I'd damn sure love to make him jealous!"

"Firstly, he's my best friend, Luc; be nice! Secondly, how do you suppose we go about making dear, poor ol' Milly jealous?!?" Tilting my head to the side, I giggled as Milly stuck his tongue out at Luc from behind his shoulder.

"Oh, baby, I have just the thing in mind!" His lips descended onto mine once more as he nibbled at my lip; I swear, if Milly hadn't been there, I would've jumped his bones then and there... Instead, a quiet moan bubbled through my lips as he trailed a single wet, open-mouthed kiss along my throat. "Here's what we're gonna do... I'm gonna kiss you and you'll moan!"

Pulling away, I rolled my eyes with a giggle as Milly rolled his own eyes, sticking his finger down his throat. "I don't see how that's gonna work, Woofie," I purred, trailing my fingernails along his chest with another eyelash flutter.

"Well, it'll make him jealous because I'm kissing you, not him; I'm being nice because this sexy little moan of yours is a sound that he's never heard before!" He pulled away with a fiery glare over his shoulder at Milly and a raised brow at me, question clear in his eyes. "Or has he?!?"

"Nope! I was saving all of those for you, baby!" Then, I crashed my lips against his with a quiet giggle. Hm, my boyfriend meeting my Mate didn't actually go that horribly, and certainly not near as bad as I'd first thought... Of course, the night was still young...

A/N: sorry it's been awhile, I just kinda couldn't really get into this chapter.... Hopefully y'all will be able to!:);)

Dedicated to VAMPIREB00 for her recent follow back and comments!:)