A Couple Of Drunks With Backward God Complexes

Luc POV

"You really are something, you know that, Luc?!?" Bella's head dropped against my chest as her words slowly but surely lost the slur in them; she hadn't had even a sip of alcohol since I'd been here, and that was good. Her doe eyes met mine as she slowly lifted her head off my shoulder, eyes heavy. "One minute I'm angry at you enough to kill you, the next I've got my panties around around my ankles letting you have your way with me in an effing storage closet!"

"All part of my charm, baby," I smirked, swiping my tongue across her lips as my arms caged her tight against me. We'd been on the dance floor for the past ten minutes, simply swaying through even the most upbeat, pop songs that were played.

"What charm," she scoffed, brow arching in silent indignation, even as her thigh parted mine to stroke sensually along my leg. "If you're charming, then I'm a monkey's aunt!"

"Ouch," I hissed, holding a hand to my heart, "That hurt, baby, it really, really did." Tugging her flush against me until she felt my literal rising need for her, I smirked as her eyes widened. "Of course, who needs charm when you know exactly what gets your girl going?!?"

"Oh, I'm about to get going, alright!" Jerking out of my hold, she stalked through the people to the bar, knocking back a shot of Wolfsbane before I'd even moved to follow her. As quickly as she'd disappeared, she was back in front of me, another shot glass in hand. "Let's get this over with..."

The sparkle in her eye was a sexy one, and promised me a good tongue lashing; she was badass when she was drinking, but she was dangerous when she was angry while drinking, because then she had little control over her words or emotions.

Still, I was as prepared as she was, and even grabbed a shot glass of my own from a passing stranger. Raising a brow, I knocked the shot back and opened my arms wide in invitation. "Hit me with your best shot, baby."

~000~

When I told her to hit me with her best shot, I didn't literally mean for her to hit me with her best shot... She, of course, had other things in mind, her hand landing flat and open across my cheek; whipping my head around with a growl, my eyes darkened in surprise as I stared down at her. "What the hell was that for?!?"

"You told me to!"

"Not literally!" Holding my hand to my stinging cheek, I towered over her as she stood her ground, both of us knowing exactly where this would eventually go; the sex was so much better when we were drunk, because we were angry and reckless and rough, and who doesn't love angry, reckless, rough sex?!?

"Since when do you do as you're told?!?" I couldn't count as high as the number of times she hadn't done as she was told, either by her family and Pack or by me.

"Since you told me to hit you with my best shot, obviously," she scowled, voice slowly rising. "Since you started walking all over me and making my own damn decisions for me!" Her hands cupped her belly at the same time that I realized what this was all about. "Since I'm the only one grieving our baby!"

Scoffing, I crossed my arms over my chest and flipped the bird at the guy gawking over our argument. "You think you're the only one who's been grieving our baby, Bella?!? You think you're the only one who wants to know why you weren't able to carry our baby full term, or who wishes things were different so you could have our baby?!? Because I can assure you, Mate, that you're not."

Molding my mouth over hers, I smirked against her lips as she groaned, hands fisting into my hair. "I miss our baby, too, Bella, but you've got to move on, sweetheart."

"I don't wanna move on, Luc!" Practically flinging herself away from me, she was hauled right back against my chest as my arms caged back around her waist. "I don't know how you could move on, Luc! This was our baby and we lost him and/or her! Our baby is dead because your father's people tortured me!"

That certainly turned heads, but I couldn't care less. "You think I don't know that, Bella?!? You think I don't see the scars on your body, or wish for anything in the world that I could have been in your place?!? You think I didn't enjoy sliding that knife across my father's neck and watching his life literally bleed out of him?!?"

Her eyes widened, but she said nothing, so I continued, "Because I do, Bella, and I did. I do wish that I could have been in your place, that it would have been me on the other end of those torture devices! I did enjoy the feeling of my father dying at my hands, the look of horror in his eyes when he realized that, just this once, I was strong than him!"

Losing my arms from around her, I leaned against the bar with a small, sad smile. "And if that makes me a monster- if relishing in the simple act of killing my own father in defense of my own damn Mate- makes me a monster, then so be it."

~000~

"We damn sure are screwed up, ya know that, baby?!?" Raising up on my elbow, I traced the underside of her bare breast with a smirk as she sucked my thumb into her mouth, tasting herself. "Who gets off on tearing each other down?!? Who fücks each other while screaming they can't stand each other's guts?!?"

"Nobody but us, baby, nobody but us," she slurred, eyes rather cloudy as they met mine, whiskey bottle pressed tight against her lips. "Different strokes for different folks, I guess." She trailed a teasing fingernail across my length, squealing as it rose beneath her touch. "What'd I tell you, baby?!?"

"I know what we are, baby..." Collapsing on top of her, I brushed the hair out of her face with a small smile, lips gentle against hers even as my body had just been so rough only a moment ago. "We are just a couple of drunks with backward god complexes who tear each other down just to get a night of mindblowing, recklessly rough sex."

But could we ever be anything more than that?!? Goddess, I hoped so! Not that the reckless, rough sex was a bad thing, or that I didn't enjoy it, I just really hated that we tore each other down rather than holding and supporting each other......