Shower

Bella POV

Did my Mate honestly have to look like some sexy, Greek god, with his well defined yet subtle 6 pack, jaw of stone, and still proudly standing erection?!? Goddess, how delicious he looked was only going to make resisting him that much harder...

'Why are you trying to resist him, Abellia, if he is our Mate?!?' My Wolf's voice was gently questioning as she spoke, helping me to slip out from beneath Luc and out of my bed.

'Because he's a jackass and he hurt me!' Growling quietly at my Wolf, I rolled my eyes and slowly closed my en suite door, leaning against it with a sigh. 'I should not have let it get this far...!'

'Oh, darling Abellia, I know it hurts, even 10 years later, but have you at least talked to him about how you feel?' Her voice was still gentle, soothing, as she talked with me, and I knew that I couldn't have asked for a better Wolf.

'I thought I'd forgiven him- I knew that I'd forgiven him, from the very first moment that I saw him- but then he had to go and Mate with me, Mark me, when I wasn't ready..' Stepping into the shower, I turned the water on as hot as I could stand it and simply stood there, letting the water wash over me. Goddess, I was tired...

'All I can think about is how good he feels, how much I want him- but I'm so scared that he'll hurt me again...' Sudden tears filled my eyes as I tipped my face under the spray of hot water, wishing that the water could purify me, give me back the innocence of childhood; but nothing could undo what I'd done, what I'd willingly let happen- what I'd encouraged to happen...

'Darling, he is your Mate! Even if he was not, he still loves you; it has been 10 years, Abellia, forgive him already... All you're doing is causing yourself more pain; he has spoken his piece, begged for your forgiveness, but how can he forgive himself, if you do not forgive him first?'

She had a point, much as I hated to admit it; it had been 10 years, and he was my Mate. Forever was a long time to carry regrets and heartbreak; hell, even 10 years felt like a lifetime... If I was honest, I had indeed forgiven him the very first moment that I'd seen him again, so what was the problem? Why couldn't I let him in?

'Let me say this, Abellia: he is human, and you are human; you both will make mistakes, you both will forgive each other. You two love each other, but you also have quite a bit of anger and resentment; forgive each other, move past that anger and resentment, and just be happy!'

And right then, nothing made me happier than that man asleep in my bed; the man who'd loved me, left me, and finally came back for me; the man who was as jealous as he was protective, sexy as he was gentlemanly, and naked as the day he was born...

~000~

Slowly running the body loofa over my sore body, I couldn't help but wonder how in the world it was that I'd been able to walk around for the past couple of days since Luc and I'd had sex; he hadn't been very gentle, at all, and, while I certainly enjoyed it then, it had taken a toll on my body. My muscles were loose with use yet sore from clinging onto him so tightly as I rolled my neck, letting the water from my head down my back. Then, my mind was darting around so quickly that a rather loud laugh burst from my lips; if Luc and I kept the sex up, I'd be fit as a fiddle in no time!

Shaking my head, I giggled again and continued to lather my body slowly before the giggle was replaced with a gasp; were we that rough?!? Finger shaped bruises marked the curves of my hips, even more hickeys coloring the skin of my breasts and throat, as soap stung my skinned up back; the cave floor had been nearly as rough as he had, and I knew I'd have to rub lotion on after I got out of the shower. No wonder I was sore!