When I'm Gone

A/N: this chapter skips another year, when Bella is 8 and Luc is 18; it's also in Luc's POV, so bear with me until the next Bella chapter....

Shoutout to XxBeautifulMistakeX for all of her comments; I think there were, what, like 20?!?! In ONE chapter!!!!:):):

Luc POV

"Happy birthday, Woofie!" Her scream busted my eardrum right before she pounced on me, immediately jerking me from sleep. "Woofie, why are you still asleep? How can you still be asleep?!? It's your birthday!"

Like she had to remind me... As if I hadn't known this day would be here for the past two years... As if I didn't know I was going to have to leave her soon...

Groaning, I sat as far up as I could beneath the weight of her on my chest as she grinned down at me; a frown marred her pretty face as she gripped my hand tightly and attempted to pull me all the way up. "But I don't wanna," I whined, playfully mocking her for all the times she herself had not gotten out of this very cot.

"But you have to," she shot right back, echoing my own words, as I gently rolled her off of me long enough for my own feet to hit the cave floor. No sooner had I stood up than she threw herself into my arms, knocking me right back onto the cot. "You're so lazy, Woofie!"

Tucking her in my lap, I nuzzled my morning scruff along her cheek as she giggled, and sent up a quick, hopefully effective prayer that she wouldn't feel my also routine hard-on; nowadays though, it was more from her than from simply being a male and having a dïck. "Mhm, but you love me!" Growling quietly, I threw my hips sideways as she rolled off of me, gasping as I then rolled on top of her. "Admit it, piccolo, you love me!" ((Piccolo))

"But I do love you, Woofie," she managed to sputter between giggles, staring up at me with those big, innocent doe eyes of hers. Then, she leaned up and smacked a big wet on both of my cheeks with a small, coy smile. "Can we go now?!?"

Shaking my head slowly, I blew out a breath as she flopped back onto the cot, pulling my body down with hers; her small head pillowed on my arm as I rested on my elbow, careful not to unbalance and topple onto her. "Not yet, tesoro... Just lay here with me for a few minutes, won't you, il mio piccolo bella caprifoglio?" ((Sweetheart. My beautiful little honeysuckle))

"Oh, alright! But we'd better not stay here too long, or we'll miss your party!" Even as she pouted playfully, she sank further into my embrace with a sigh; she loved it as much as I did. And goddess, did I love to hold her, the feel of her in my arms, right where she belonged.

But it couldn't happen... I was already angry at the world for things that my supposed father had done, and knowing that my Wolf was there, somewhere beneath my skin, didn't help; I would not let myself hurt her- I wouldn't even stick around to give myself the chance to hurt her. That's why I had to leave her- tonight...

At least we'd spent as much time as we could together, even and especially when her parents didn't know about it... I still remember her tear-stained smile last year as she'd claimed her love for me; needless to say, whether she honestly meant it or not- and her little seven year old mind couldn't even comprehend what that word meant- it gave me hope that maybe, just maybe we had a chance.

I "dumped" Malvolia that same day and swore to never put my Bella in that situation again, if she'd ever have me again once I left... Sure, knowing she loved me and "dumping" Malvolia had been a start, a step closer to me and Bella, but that didn't mean I'd stick around...