0.25

Once I'm up off the floor Hunter passes me an ice pack from the freezer. I place It over my jaw and cheek area. We were ready to go to the police, It was the right thing to do even though this could mean Hunter never living with his mum again. 

"Come on, I'll just drop you home and I'll go in alone." Hunter said.

"No, I'm coming with you. I'm fine, trust me." 

Hunter nods and we both head out to my car. Hunter is going to drive since I'm too busy holding this ice pack. Once we reach the police station I can tell Hunter is feeling nervous. 

We walk inside the station and approach the front desk where two police officers are. 

"Hi, I need to make a report of an assault." Hunter said nervously.

"Hunter, isn't it? You came here when you-" 

"Yeah, I know." Hunter interrupted.

Do they know each other? 

"Step inside, we can all have a chat in here." The officer said urging us to step inside an interview room.

"So your here to report an incident of assault?"

"Yes. A week ago my mum and I got into an argument and she hit me. I didn't tell anybody, but lately she's just been angry all the time. She's never hit me before." 

"I see. Is your girlfriend here injured because of her as well?" 

I look at Hunter and place my hand on his hand. 

"Yes. She was aiming for me but Tammy stepped in front of me and she got the hit. It only happened about 30 minutes ago. I want something done." 

"Of course. Well I can call your mother in for questioning and thats about all I can do for now. Why don't you both go take a seat and I'll give your mum a call. But first actually, Hunter can you stay back for a second I want to have a chat with you." 

"Thank you." I say to the officer. 

I walk out of the room and wait outside the door for Hunter but instead I peak through the window to try and see whats going on.

*****Hunter's POV*****

"Does she know what you did?" 

"No she doesn't and she won't ever find out. I don't want her knowing that I put somebody in hospital and went to jail for it." I said ashamed at my past. 

I turn around in shock and realise Tammy is standing inside at the door.

"Tammy?" I say as I realise she looks surprised. 

"I thought you were waiting for me outside!" I said as I walked towards her.

Tammy took a step back from me.

"I'll leave you guys to sort things out while I go call your mother." 

"You put somebody in hospital and went to jail? " Tammy asked shocked. 

"Yes, Tammy. That is my big secret. That is what Stacy knows and that is what I didn't want you to know!" 

"Well I do now!" 

"Tammy listen to me, I can explain. Just sit down." I said.

*****Tammy's POV*****

I can't believe were in here reporting Hunter's mum for assault when he has done the exact same thing to another person! 

"Fine." I say as I sit down.

"It was a year ago. My sister was dating this rich lawyer guy and I never liked him from the day I met him. He was always an asshole to me but a sweetheart to my sister. One day my sister and I were supposed to meet at his house for lunch but I was told to come earlier for some drinks so thats what I did, arrived earlier. When I got there, no one answered the door so I just let myself In and when I saw nobody was inside I heard noises coming from the bedroom. I went to the door and knocked, I heard a girl that sounded nothing like my sister ask who was there. I was mad so I kicked the door open and saw that asshole fucking some random girl." 

"So you hit him?" I ask.

"Of course I did! The girl left so quickly I had no chance to yell at her or anything but once that asshole was dressed and everything of course he tried to explain himself to me but I didn't let him. I punched him right in the face and he fell straight to the floor hitting his head on the side of the bed on the way down. He was out cold. Ended up being in a coma for 2 months while I went to jail for 10 months." 

"Woah." 

"I know It's a lot to handle but I've never ever done anything like that again Tammy and I won't! Please don't be scared of me."

"I'm not scared of you, I don't think I am Hunter I'm just, shocked. I need some time to think okay." I say as I stand up from the chair and leave the room. 

I head outside of the station and see Hunter's mum heading for the inside of the station. I roll my eyes at her when she gets closer to me, I have no time for her.

*****Hunter's POV*****

I can't believe Tammy knows my big secret. I didn't want her to find out, at least not like this. I was planning to tell her much later in the relationship, I just knew It would stuff things up.

"Mr King? Come take a seat back inside the room, your mother is inside." 

I walk inside the interview room and see my mother sitting down. There was the police officer that I knew, Sargent Caple and two other police officers guarding the door. A camera was set up and Sargent had a notebook ready. 

"Miss King I have gotten a report from your son that you have allegedly assaulted him and his girlfriend? Is this true?" 

My mum stays quiet for a few seconds. 

"That's not true officer, I would never lay a hand on my boy or anyone he loves!" 

Sargent looks at me and I go wide eyed.

"She's lying! I can get Tammy in here to prove It!" I say. 

I go outside and find Tammy sitting on the grass.

"Tammy, we need you inside." I say as I try to give her my hand to help her up, she rejects it." 

*****Tammy's POV*****

"Miss Carter, you were allegedly assaulted by Miss King this afternoon?" 

"Uh, yes. She was aiming for Hunter but I stepped in front of him and she got me instead and she assaulted him just a week ago after they got into an argument." I say, sticking close to Hunter.

The officer writes something down in his notebook and looks at all of us. 

"Miss King, either you confess or you stay here the night until you do. If you confess you will have a court case next week and the judge will decide wether you are guilty of charges or not." 

"Mum, tell him, tell him the truth!" Hunter yells. 

"Fine. I did it. I hit my son and I hit his girlfriend! But Tammy was an accident, I didn't mean to hit him!" 

"Yeah but you meant to hit me you disgusting bitch!" Hunter says.

"Hunter!" I say as I pull him out of the room.

"Hunter you can't say that to her. You are just as bad as she is, you put somebody in a coma for 2 months!" I say. 

"Seriously? You are comparing me to my mother?" 

"No. Yes. I don't know! I'm just saying let it go! You've both done the same things, except luckily your mum didn't cause any permeant damage!" I say.

"Tammy I can't talk about this right now. I can't believe you!" 

"Hunter wait!" I say trying to stop him from running out of the station. 

I run after Hunter and finally stop him.

"Hunter, wait!" I say.

"What? So you can make me feel even more guilty than I already do?" 

"No! I love you!" I say. 

Hunter stops and faces me.

"I love you too Tammy. Just take me home, please." 

-----

I hope you guys enjoyed!

Please like and comment, don't be a silent reader! <3

xx Jess