0.24

*****Hunter's POV*****

"So I was thinking I could try and whip up some sort of cake?" I suggest to Tammy.

I wait for her reply but I get nothing.

"Earth to Tammy!" 

"Oh yeah sorry, I was too busy watching the TV." Tammy says. 

"I realised, slacker!" I tease. 

"A cake sounds fine babe, chocolate!" 

I agree on making a chocolate cake. I hope It turns out well, I haven't actually baked cakes before, let alone any dessert.. I find an easy recipe online and decide to follow off that. 

"Okay, add the flour, sugar, milk and eggs into a bowl and mix all together." I say to myself. 

I mix all the ingredients together and once I have formed a reasonably good looking cake mixture I pour It into a cake tin and place It into the oven. 

*****Tammy's POV*****

I pause 'The Vampire Diaries' from Netflix as Hunter comes to sit down next to me. 

"It better be a good cake." I tease.

"Oh, It will be!" 

Hunter and I get comfortable on the couch and continue to watch The Vampire Diaries. 

-----

"Um Hunter, do I smell smoke?" I say as I sit up from the couch.

"Fuck! I forgot about the cake!" 

I burst out laughing as Hunter frantically runs into the kitchen and grabs the burnt cake out of the oven. I get up from the couch and follow him into the kitchen. When I see the black burnt cake on the bench I cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing at Hunter.

"Looks like your baking skills could improve just a little bit.." I laugh.

Hunter frowns at the burnt cake and throws the oven mitts on the bench and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Sorry." 

"No don't be! At least you tried. Hey, maybe It won't even taste that bad!" 

"Really?" 

"Really!" I say as I grab a fork out from the draws. 

I dig my fork into the cake and I have to admit It's a bit fricken hard.. I take a bite of the cake and immediately spit it out.

"And that Is why you got to try it first." 

I roll my eyes at Hunter and we both decide to throw the cake away and clean up the mess. 

"It's getting a bit late, should we just head to bed?" I ask. 

Hunter agrees and we both head upstairs into my bedroom. 

"You know I'm going to have to somehow sneak downstairs tomorrow so your mum doesn't realise I'm sleeping In here tonight.." 

"Oh no, she'll find out. When she gets home she will see your not downstairs on the couch but don't worry, we can just deal with that tomorrow." I say as I rest my head on Hunter's chest. 

We both finally nod off to sleep. 

----- 

"Tammy!" 

I slowly open my eyes as I am awakened by my mums voice. For some reason I think I'm dreaming so I just ignore It. 

"TAMMY!"