0.19

Beep Beep!

I slowly opened my eyes and turned my loud alarm clock off and stared at my ceiling for a bit but then it hit me. Today's the day! I rolled over a little too much because I ended up on the floor tangled in my bed sheets, but I got up and rushed to the bathroom. 

"You've got this Tammy!" I said to myself as I looked at my tired reflection. I seriously needed to have a shower and wash my hair, so thats exactly what I did. 

Once I was out of the shower I combed my hair and let it air dry, I applied some makeup, brushed my teeth and packed my bag. I quickly texted Hunter good morning and that I'll see him today, then I rushed downstairs to have some breakfast. 

"Morning mum!" I said as I jumped off the last step.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" 

"Today's the day me and Hunter perform the song for our project!" 

"Oh thats right! You are both going to do so well darling!" Mum said as she kissed me on the forehead. 

I smiled at her and proceeded to make some toast. 

-----

"Skye wait up!" I said as I got out of my car, trying to catch up to Skye.

"Oh hey Tam! You excited for today?" 

"Excited, nervous, scared!" I said laughing.

"Don't be. You'll do great!" Skye said hugging me.

"Have you seen Hunter?" I asked looking around. 

"I just got here, why? Is something wrong?" 

"No, I don't think so. It's just.. Last night I texted him to remind him about today and all he said was he couldn't talk to me and that he'd hopefully see me today." 

"Hopefully?" Skye said loudly.

"I know! What the hell does he mean by that? He has to be here today!" 

"I'm sure he will be. Don't stress!"

I nodded my head and smiled. 

-----

"Come on everybody! We don't have all day! Get ready get ready!" Mr Smith said running around like a headless chook. 

It was time. We had just under half an hour until we all started to perform our pieces. I still hadn't seen Hunter though and I was getting really worried. I decided to call him. 

"Hunter? Hello?" I said. 

"Tammy, hi." Hunter said whispering.

"Why are you whispering? WHERE ARE YOU?" I asked. 

"Tammy I can't talk. My mum, she doesn't want us to be together. She won't even let me come to school today to perform with you. I'm so sorry!" 

"WHAT? Hunter I can't do this without you! What the hell? Can't you sneak out or something?" I said shocked. 

"I gotta go, she's coming! I'm sorry. I love you." Hunter said before he hung up. 

Oh my fucking god! What am I gonna do? I don't think I can perform this on stage in front of the whole grade by myself! Skye can't even do it because she doesn't know the guitar chords. I'm screwed. I ran out of the dressing room behind the hall stage and out to the oval to try and find Skye. 

"Skye! SKYE!" I said running up to her. 

"Tammy what the hell?" 

"Hunter, Hunter, can't-" 

"Woah there, slow down. Breathe!" Skye said interrupting me.  

I took a deep breath and got my breathing back to normal again.

"Hunter can't come! His mum hates me and doesn't want us to be together so she won't let him come to school to perform with me!" I said as tears started to form. 

"What the hell? Is she stupid or something? This is ridiculous. Okay listen to me. You are going to get up on that stage Tammy and you are going to sing it without the guitar chords. Just your voice. Just your amazing voice!" Skye said grabbing a hold of my arms. 

"I can't do that! Not in front of the whole grade!" I said starting to panic. 

"What difference does it make? Just because Hunter isn't there with you doesn't mean you still won't sound incredible! You can do this!" 

"Okay. Okay! Your right, I can do this!" I said reassuring myself. 

"That's my girl!" Skye said smiling.

-----

After freaking out with Skye I made my way back to the dressing room. The whole class was practicing with their partners and I was just sitting here on the floor freaking the hell out. 

"I can do this. I can do this. I can do this." I told myself over and over again. 

It's time.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Good afternoon! As you know, this afternoon you will see a range of stunning performances from my very talented students. Please, no flash photography is permitted and please switch off all mobile phones. Please welcome my first students, Lisa Carl with her partner Daniel Hicks. Singing Beautiful by Christina Aguilera and played on the guitar by Daniel." Mr Smith introduced. 

As everyone was back stage listening to Daniel and Lisa's performance we all gasped and smiled at how amazing they sounded. I smiled at the way she hit the high notes and made no mistakes at all. 

It was almost my turn. 2 more people and then it was me. My stomach felt like It had a thousand butterflies trapped inside. I'm so nervous. I wish Hunter was here with me. 

-----

"Thank you Belinda and Sam, that was wonderful! Please give them a round of applause. Now I'd like to welcome Tammy Carter and Hunter King, performing Jar of hearts by Christina Perri." 

Oh god, It's my turn! I take a deep breath and walk onto stage. The lights are warm on my skin and the audience is clapping and cheering. I walk up to Mr Smith to tell him that Hunter will not be attending today. 

"Oh. We seem to have a bit of a problem here. Hunter will not be attending tonight so Tammy will be doing the vocals by herself." Mr Smith addresses. 

The audience goes silent.

I walk up to the microphone on the stand and close my eyes and take another deep breath before I start singing.

I know I can't take one more step towards you

'Cause all that's waiting is regret

Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore

You lost the love I loved the most 

-----

Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while! I was on work experience at a Cafe. I had to work there for a week unpaid for my school course that I'm doing. I was so tired after every shift so I had no energy to write. But I'm now on 2 weeks of school holidays so get ready for lots of uploads! :) 

Please comment and vote, It helps me out so much!

Don't be a silent reader!!! 

xx Jess