Chapter 17: Logan's Childhood Friends

"Have you picked a new song to cover yet?" Cloudia asks me over the phone.

"Not yet. I haven't found the perfect song yet." I roll over on my back on my bed.

"Well can you please choose before the end of today?"

"I will." I drag out. I could tell that Cloudia was rolling her eyes. "Hey, don't roll your eyes!"

"How did you know I was rolling my eyes?"

"Where cousins. Need I say more?" We laugh.

"Mel! We have visitors!" Logan calls from downstairs.

"Coming!" I call back. "I got to go Cloudia."

"Ok. Call me later when you have the song." We finish talking on the phone and I go downstairs. I walk into the lounge and stop in my tracks.

"Mel, these are some friends that I knew when I was younger. I don't know who you have m-"

"Hey. Nice to see you again." Selena, as in Miss Gomez, gives me a hug. I met her once before at Logan's birthday last year. The second person I had seen her call Logan once, he didn't answer her though.

"Nice to see you to Selena. Hello Demi, I'm Melody." I don't know if I should hug her or not, she takes the option away from me and hugs me.

"Great to finally meet you." She lets me go and smiles at me. I smile back. Logan gestures for us to sit down. It was extremely awkward for me. I just sat there and listened to them catch up and talk about things that I had no idea about. You learn a lot about your boyfriend's past when two of his friends come over. You could say I started to feel a little jealous that Selena and Demi knew lots of things about Logan that I didn't. I haven't even met his family! I look at the clock and start to panic. It was three in the afternoon and I hadn't picked a song yet.

"Uh, I've got to go. Sorry." I stand up and leave the room awkwardly. Before going out the front door I grab my guitar and hand bag. Logan was laughing with his two friends before I walked out. I smile to myself, he hasn't been this happy for what seemed like ages. Walking over to the party house I the song hits me in the face like a flying brick. 'Teardrops On My Guitar' by Taylor Swift. I have no idea why that song came to me. It just did. I text Cloudia the song, knowing that she will come over as soon as she read the text. Sammy, Bree and Lily were already at the party house.

"Hey! It's Mel!" Bree says. I tell them the song. Lily, Bree and I already know how to play the song on guitar cause we had to learn it for OUR school choir in New Zealand. Luckily Sammy knows it as well. Cloudia turns up in a matter of minutes and sets up everything while we practice.

"Ready?" Cloudia asks and we nod.

[Bree:]

Drew looks at me
I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needin'
Everything that we should be

[Melody:]

I'll bet she's beautiful
That girl he talks about
And she's got everything
That I have to live without

[Sammy:]

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's just so funny
and I can't even see
Anyone when he's with me

[Lily:]

He says he's so in love
He's finally got it right
I wonder if he knows
He's all I think about at night

[All:]

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing
Don't know why I do

[Sammy and Lily:]

Drew walks by me
Can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly
The kind of flawless I wish I could be

[Bree and Melody:]

She better hold him tight
Give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes
And know she's lucky 'cause

[All:]

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing
Don't know why I do

[Lily and Bree:]

So I drive home alone
As I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down
And maybe get some sleep tonight

[All:]

'Cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who's got enough for me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing
Don't know why I do

[Sammy and Melody:]

He's the time taken up but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into
Drew looks at me
I fake a smile so he won't see

We finish the cover and Cloudia goes to post it. "So why did ya choose that song?" Sammy asks.

"Not sure. It just came to me. Anyway I better be going. We have visitors, not sure if they are still there or not though..." I say.

"See ya later then Melody." Lily smiles at me and I leave, hoping that things won't still be awkward for me at home.

--------------------

A/N: Random update today! Should be studying but oh well :P

~Melody~