003:

"You didn't ask why I get stalked there." He said as he continued to follow me. He still didn't take the hint.

"Why do you get stalked at the studio?" I quipped, although I privately thought it was because he was so outrageously good looking.

"Damn." He said under his breath and then made a few vocal percussion noises and some falsetto humming.

I turned at the landing. "Did you forget something?"

"Huh? No."

"Well, what's wrong?"

Now he stared at me intently, piercingly, deeply scrutinizing me. I felt the blush creep up my neck in a wave of surprise.

"You don't know me."

"You-- you are the guy next door who lost his cat in my house supposedly, and who has invited me to a taekwondo work out on the spur of the moment! If you just thought of something you have to do, it's okay. I really am very--."

He stepped up, till his eyes were level with mine and he was standing far too close. I could smell his scent, guy scent... tattooed guy scent. I caught my breath.

"You're coming on to me, Rafe." I whispered, feeling my first wave of caution.

"Yeah, I am. I've never met anyone as gorgeous as you." His voice had lost all its punk kid tones, and his eyes were clear and very enigmatic. Both arms braced against the walls.

"I don't habitually have guys in my room. Especially not while I'm changing. Can you... pretty please, wait downstairs?" I used as wheedling of a tone as I could muster through my frantically beating heart. His proximity was more than I could stand.

"Shit."

"And please, pretty please, stop cussing. I'm not a cusser." Everyone around me knew I hated cussing, of any kind, and was pretty vocal about my preferences. I didn't even tolerate it for culture's sake.

He stood there as I continued up the stairs. It wasn't necessarily unlike me to join someone for a taekwondo workout. I actually had a pretty strenuous studio I belonged to and my Grand Master Instructor was available almost any time I could make it over. If not I could work out on my own, or even help with other's work outs. I was fairly passionate about martial arts.

It was out of character for me to meet and invite a strange guy into my house and my life. I had not had very many boyfriends in my almost thirty years, and wasn't super confident in that department. Not to mention, Rafe wasn't really my type.

The tattoos were a first um... no.

The bald head and the pierced ear I'd noticed.... second. Nope.

But that crazy beautiful smile, and the really firm body-- very attractive.

Punk attitude, distracted observational... intriguing.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, pressed and slid my fingers over a few buttons and plugged in his name. Rafe Stryker.

It came up instantly. Lead singer for the band Axis.

In my head, I could instantly hear his voice as well, a version of the voice I'd been hearing downstairs. He had a beautiful full rich singing voice. He was very successful, very popular. An incredibly astute businessman.

I should have known him. He and his band had been a staple in my MP3 player for almost twenty years.

I shook as I entered my closet through the walk-in part of my open bath chamber. My taekwondo workout outfit was hanging on the back of the door. I started to close the door and saw the shadow that glided quickly past.