040:

I stripped as fast as I could down to panties and a bra then slipped into the stripies, knowing the one I'd given Rafe was too small, but it didn't have feet in it like mine did. I leaped out--- and was rewarded by his yelp as I dashed across the floor screaming like a banshee--- to throttle him with my feather pillow.

            He was just finishing the zipper, yanking hard over his chest, which was far too big to fit inside this silly thing. But rather than laughing, I followed him hitting away till the pillow broke and true to the movies, feathers literally went flying everywhere, and remained suspended up in the air and all over the place. I twirled, letting them all spew out. They stuck to his hair the most, like a piece of sandpaper. Rafe had his senses by then and was hitting me over the head. We were both yelling--- jumping on and over the bed, circling it and laughing, calling each other ridiculous names. His pillow broke on one such fling, and he threw it and the remaining feathers at me, and lunged, taking me down on the bed, smothering me with bed pillows. He was yelling imprecations--- letting me up for air and then shoving my face in his arm pit, and sitting on top of me so I couldn't get away.

            I can always get away. I flipped him over, landed him none too gently on the floor and ran to the closet for reinforcements when the bedroom door opened and my dad stood there, catching falling feathers on his own whiskers, which they seemed drawn to. His eyes took in the giant mess, the two of us in too tight stripies, caught in the act of a horrendous pillow fight. My hair was covered in white, my eyebrows too.... And as I stood there--- not knowing if I was going to be grounded--- or? I spit one out of my mouth and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.

            Dad wisely closed the door.

            The fight resumed frantically, as Rafe reached me and yanked one of the fresh pillows out of my hands and began beating me with it. I swung, hit his pillow and knocked him spinning into the bed again. A chair flipped over, a picture frame fell off the wall, and I screamed again, and jumped on the bed, beating him over the head till once again my pillow burst and it rained feathers so thick he couldn't see, then I straddled him, locked his ankles with my own, and twisted his thumb against his wrist, in an effort to grab the last intact pillow which he still had. We both had our hands on it when I felt his fingers in a very sensitive spot low down, near my bottom. I squirmed.

            "Not fair! Poor form! Poor Form!!!!"

            "All's fair in love and war." He growled and pinched my butt cheek before squeezing his hand in a place no hand should ever be in my opinion. I jumped up instantly, letting him go and he chased me down with the remaining pillow, slapping me back and forth as I put up my hands to fight him off, trying for a jab here or there, or a kick. But he was prepared, and as he got closer and I was backed up against the wall I knew he had won, and I had to concede or be pummeled.

            I made one last feint, ditched to the right, ducked to the left and managed to squeeze by his back to leap over the bed, but he caught my leg, so that I landed squarely on my stomach with the wind knocked out of me for a split second. Then he was on my back, raining feathers all over me, yelling about victory and triumph!

            I wiggled over to my back, used both legs to catch him on the thighs and flipped him neatly over my head to land almost on the far side of the bed, mostly off it. He held my arms though, and we ended up, head to head, upside down, him on the floor and me on the bed, trapped by my hair and his pillow case.

            Our eyes met upside down, and he tilted his face to catch my lips, forcing them open again—very first Spiderman-ish--- the one with Tobey and Kirsten.... As he kissed me. I was stretched over backward, hanging off the bed, and he was simply sitting up on the floor, but he held me there, and ran his hands over my arched neck and shoulders, making sure I didn't fall, while he plummeted my lips over until we were breathless, and I had slipped over onto his lap.