Chapter 11: Stress Free

Depuis le début

"I feel very honored dancing with a girl as beautiful as you." He whispers into my ear.

I suddenly feel cold when he dissappears from my body, keeping me warm. I turn around and see Daniel shouting at the guy. Not this again. Good thing the music is loud.

"Can you not cause a scene." I roll my eyes. Daniel gives the guy a death glare and pulls my arm heading for the elevator. "We were just dancing." I pout. He gives me a cold glass of water and I accept it. Woah. I actually am thirsty because of all that dancing.

He presses the elevator button and shakes his head. I don't care if he's mad, I didn't ask him to take care of me.

"Where's Chris?" I ask

"That's where we're going?" He grumbles

"Are you really going to tell him?" I roll my eyes, and cross my arms.

"No. We're just going w-"

"Are you mad at me?"  I think I'm being annoying but ehh who cares.

He sighs and he looks at me then back at the front."No. Why would I be mad, that's none of my business." He says

The elevator door opens and we enter a room with people gambling, some shouting numbers and women with dresses, barely covering them.

We spot Chris sitting down with some older guys probably in their twenties or thirties, playing cards. I walk towards them and pull up a chair.

"Hello there ladies, Can I join?" Whoa, where is all this bravery coming from, because I literally just called big buff men, ladies.

They squint their eyes at me and I challenge them, but with a smirk. "Come on, why don't ya'll let a lady play, I promise I won't go rough on all of you." I say, sounding very seductive. I know that these men are older than I am, but only because I'm being flirtatious doesn't mean I like them. Like I said, when I join the mafia they are going to regret doing things to women like what Liam did to me.

"Rose..." Chris warns. I ignore him and cross my arms, waiting for the men to answer.

"You seem to know her, is she one of your sluts- because I'm about to put her in her place if she doesn't get out of here." A man in a leather suit says. Geez all I wanted to do was play, no need to be a dick.
"Listen honey this is the big boys table, go back down to the club and rub your ass somewhere else."

"She's my cousin you fucktard." Chris says through clenched teeth and the whole table is just looking at us, amusingly. Actually the whole place just got quite.

The guy looks back and forth between me and Chris. "I'm sorry...."

"Rose valezquez." I finish. "Look how about we put this behind us," I wave my hand around. "and start the game, how much are we betting?" I chirp, I love gambling so much. Gambling betting, same thing whatever, sue me.

"Uh.. a thousand." Another guy replies.

"Awesome, shall we begin?" I smirk. They don't know what's coming.

We play...maybe about five times and I lose once. I'll live. I won twenty-eight- thousand dollars ha, and they thought I sucked.

Chris didn't want to play because he knew that I was really good at things like this, so he was as amused as I was, when I won. It started out with ten guys and it decreased to three in the end.

"You had to be cheating, I mean you won all five games, minus one but still." A guy complains.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't cheat honey, how about another game?" I raise my hand and all the guys click their teeth.

"Either way good game, you won." the guy shrugs "Well I better get going, good luck with the ceremony, as we will all be there." And with that, they all leave, except the ones at the other tables.

"Wow, twenty-eight-thousand dollars. Why didn't anyone tell me she was that good?" Daniel says in amazement, as I put all the money in my purse and in a black bag Chris got for me. Ha suckers, that's what they get for doubting me.

"Hey, I'm sleepy can we go?" I yawn and rub my eyes, my head is probably going to start throbbing in the morning, and I can't wait.

"Yeah, let's go, it's one in the morning." Chris says. We go up the elevator, through the sweaty bodies and in to the windy night, on our way to the car.

We get in the car and I sit by the open window, letting the wind blow in my face as we drive, making me go to sleep. The rest is just a blur, as I move onto a comfortable bed, and I don't care when I got here or how, but I just let the darkness consume me, as I fall into deep slumber.