He'd gotten quite a bit of sun on the two day layover, and his back was nicely tanned. I admired the tattoos once again, plying his skin and muscles with some deep tissue massage. He had once done this for me, I thought, vaguely. We really were a pretty good team.

My thoughts wandered to Kell and Tecca. It had been nice to spend some time alone with them on Friday, after we'd gotten the initial reasons for the visit out of the way. I was glad they hadn't tried to force me--- and realized that had never been their intention. They knew I couldn't be forced back to the states, but they had checked on my well being anyway. They were family. And Kell demonstrated that family always came first. Always.

He taught by example. I admired that about him, knowing what it must have been like for him to embrace the Mormon way of life. He had to change ideologies.

Rafe snorted, snuffed and came up on one elbow.

"How's your headache?"

"I need some throat tea."

"I'll get it." He went back down on his arms and I slipped out to get his throat tea. Only Dylan was sitting out there with his headphones on watching TV.

I nodded to him, and wished I had put on sweats, instead of the girls boxers I often wore to sleep in. I'd been hot--- and pretty sure Rafe was out for the night, so I felt safe on that account.

Dylan looked up, his eyes close on me. I started the electric tea pot we used, and then turned around. He took one ear phone off.

"What's up?"

"Making Rafe some throat tea. I don't think he's feeling so good."

"Sucks." He said good naturedly. "So, Aubrey. Why'd you make a big deal out of everything?"

I knew his everything meant the kissing, the grabbing, the slapping, and all the other lame stuff he'd done the first few days of the tour. And I knew the big deal he referred to was me telling Rafe and Aiden.

I shrugged. "You did it in front of Aiden. He saw you for himself."

Dylan nodded. "I'm quitting this band when we get done. You guys have become too domestic for me. I need more innovation, more cutting edge. This stuff is getting old. Rafe's becoming a crooner, like a wanna be Frank Sinatra, and he's not half as good as he thinks he is."

"Rafe is going into producing." I said easily. "I think he knows cutting edge better than anyone here."

Dylan nodded and put his ear plug back in. I was actually glad he planned to leave the group. He didn't add much to their art anyway.

I made the tea and left him there. Rafe was awake, and sitting up when I got back. I handed him his mug and he extended a hand for me to get up. I was crawling over to my side when he stopped me.

"Hey." His hand was on my backside. "You look extremely hot in these black tighties."

He ran his hand down my lower back, along my side and outer thigh and across the side of my hip, over the briefs. I knew I colored up. I tried to continue, but he stopped me again, running that hand along my whole flank.

"Rafe."

"Damn, girl, you're sleek, you know that? Not one rumple."

He stretched my leg out and ran his hand over the little lump at the base of leg and butt. I was embarrassed. "Rafe."

"Have you felt that line?"

"Not recently."

"State of the art. Cutting edge. Very--- innovative---- very domestic as well."

I sat down, grinning. He'd overheard Dylan's taunting.

He was teasing me. I pulled my legs up as he sipped his hot tea. His eyes were soft.

"So, Dylan is planning to leave the group?" Rafe asked.

I nodded, pulling a bottled water from our stash on the headboard. I twisted it open. "That's what he said."

"Good, saves me the effort of letting him go. I'm glad the feeling is mutual. It wasn't a good fit. I was actually thinking of asking Jeremy and Levi, what do you think of that idea?"

I pictured them up there. I'd seen them in concert. Jeremy was a lead singer on his own, and Levi was a good drummer. "I'm honestly not sure Jeremy would want to be part of your back up band."

"Yeah. I thought about that. But I am not going to be this forever. Especially after you and I--- speaking of that. What do you think of what Kell said?"

"Which? About not being able to wait?"

"But he said he wished he'd had the fortitude to wait. Pretty important. What do you think of that?"

"I think the foundation of a strong temple marriage is paramount."

"So, you're in my bed, and I'm taking pretty strong liberties with you, and you yourself have admitted to being weak in some areas when it comes to me. What if we screw up? Wouldn't it have been better to have the protection of a civil wedding and go in a year to the temple?"

"Rafe. Shouldn't we just make it a commitment to each other not to screw up?"

"I wasn't completely awake this morning when my hand wandered."

"Then I shouldn't be in your bed."

"And you have no other option except going home, and you promised me you wouldn't leave me, so...."

"There's another option right across the hall. I could sleep on that bunk."

He finished his tea and eyed me carefully. "Okay, I'm going to speak as frankly as I can. I am very concerned about us. But I also know that I don't want to be without you. I feel like I can't. I am holding on pretty tightly."

"Maybe that's not altogether healthy for you. Too attached, you know?"

"No. I've never felt this way about anyone else. I think I'm going to call the Bishop." He pulled out his phone, and I stared at it in the dim light. Really? Right now?

*******