42 One Less Friend

Desiree POV*

Im fixing breakfast at my momma house. My sisters and aunts coming over. "Mommy" Destiny said as she came in the kitchen.

"Yes?" I said.

"I wanna go with daddy"

"No" i said. She had stood there and started crying. "Destiny go somewhere with all that crying" she ran out the kitchen. My mother had came downstairs and came in the kitchen.

"Why is my baby crying like that by the door?" My mother asked.

"Because she wanna go with her father"

"Why she cant go?"

"Because he not worried about her" i said. "He worried about his girl baby that aint even his"

"You dont know what he worried about" she said. "And you cant keep her away from him"

"He havent called and he dont be answering"

"I will call him" she said as she walked out. "Come here Des" everybody baby her. Thats why she cry until she get her way. She dont do that when it just me and her. Crying to me dont make it no better.

Darnell POV*

My phone started ringing. I looked at it and it was an unknow number. I answered it. "Hello?" I said. It was crying in the background.

"Darnell , can you come get Des please , she is at my door crying for you" a lady said. Sounds like Desiree mother.

"This Desiree mother?"

"Yes"

"Im on my way"

"Ok"

"Put her on the phone right quick" i said. She started screaming. She probably act stubborn. I hung up and got up. I slipped something on and put my shoes on. I walked out my room and went downstairs. I got my keys and walked out. I got in my car and pulled off. I pulled up at Desiree mother house in like 5 mins. She live right around the corner. I got out and went up to the door. I knocked and Desiree answered the door like she have an attitude. I aint even say nothing to her.

"Maaa Darnell here" she said yelling upstairs. Her mother came downstairs with Destiny. Destiny face was all red and wipe. She was still whining. She ran to me and stopped crying. I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder. Desiree went in the kitchen.

"Why you havent been answering the phone for them?" Her mother asked me.

"She never called and when i called her for the past days , it went straight to voice mail" i said.

"Wow ok"

"She probably blocked me" i said.

"She didnt eat" Desiree said.

"Is the food ready?" Her mother asked.

"Yea" Desiree said.

"Well she might as well eat why she here" i said. We had went in the dining room and i tried to put her in the highchair but she started crying. "Im not going no where" she was really having a fit. I had pulled up a chair next to her highchair and sat in it. She stopped crying a little and was looking at me. "So uncalled for"