Chapter 47

Chapter 47

''Higher mommy!'' Kyano calls out, his grin growing even wider when Camila pushes him a bit harder on the swing.

''Careful baby, hold on tightly, okay?'' Lauren calls out to him from the bench in the Courtyard.

''Yes!'' Kyano calls back before letting out an adorable giggle when Camila pushes him higher.

''Okay, five more swings then I'll stop. Mommy is tired.'' Camila tells him, feeling her bruised ribs and still tired muscles starting to burn again.

''One!'' Kyano starts counting and Lauren and Camila soon join in to count to five. Once they reach their agreed number, Camila steps away from behind him and lets the swing come to a stop on its own. She moves to sit next to her girlfriend on the bench to watch their son sitting on the swing happily, waiting for it to come to a stop so he can step off.

''You okay?'' Lauren asks as soon as the astronaut sits down and leans her head against her shoulder. She hears Camila hum in response which calm down her worries of her girlfriend pushing her body too far to play with their little boy.

Camila turns her head to press a kiss against Lauren's scalp gently, watching Kyano jump off the swing carefully when it's almost completely still. She can't suppress a smile because she loves that he is careful instead of reckless.

''Lunchtime?'' Lauren asks when she sees Kyano walking up to them.

''Yes, I'm starving!'' Camila exclaims playfully which makes her girlfriend laugh. ''Kyano, want to have your sandwich? Its lunchtime, sweetie.'' The astronaut says to their son while Lauren opens the bag with their lunch.

Camila reaches out to Kyano to pull him up into her lap but wincing a little in pain when she feels her ribs protest against her actions.

''Are you hurt, mommy?'' Kyano asks, looking at Camila's hand over her ribs and seeing his mom's eyes squeezed closed for a moment. His question makes Lauren look up at her as well with concert written all over her face.

''Just a little, baby. I still have to be careful.'' Camila admits, giving him a gentle smile and sending a calming nod towards Lauren.

''Is it because of the swing? I won't go on the swing anymore...'' Kyano suggests carefully and both his moms almost melt at his empathy.

''Oh Kyano, that is so sweet of you. But you can go on the swing, I just can't push you anymore today.'' Camila tries to explain, watching Kyano's thoughtful expression before he finally nods in understanding.

''You actually shouldn't do anything at all. But you're too busy with annoying Lexa by doing things you shouldn't do.'' Lauren mutters next to her in slight annoyance and Camila laughs. She knows Lauren is extremely protective over her right now and would rather have Camila laying in the safety of her hospital bed all day than have her move around and possibly hurt herself.

''Awwww, are you worried about me?'' Camila coos, moving closer to Lauren's face while pressing small kisses against her cheek that make Kyano giggle.

''Yeah of course I'm worried, annoying.'' Lauren says back, giving Camila a playful shove away from her.

''Annoying? Did you hear that, Kyano? Mommy things I'm annoying.'' She says with a surprised face, faking her shocked expression for dramatic effects. ''She's the annoying one, huh?'' Camila jokes, shoving Lauren back playfully with a grin and Lauren laughs back.

She should have known not to be so overprotective over her girlfriend, yet she can't help herself. She just wants her to recover as well as possible.