Chapter 51 - Last Chapter

Chapter 51 – Last Chapter

''Lauren!'' Dinah calls loudly, making Lauren jump a little in her seat and rip her eyes away from Camila who is still talking to that girl.

''What?'' Lauren snaps a little, wanting to look back to her girlfriend to see what's going to happen next. She needs to see if Camila will be faithful to her this time. If she actually remembers that Lauren is in the same club as she is right now. If she remembers she made a promise to her.

''Jesus, calm down. I just wanted to ask about Kyano. How is he doing now?'' Dinah says over the music, demanding Lauren's attention back and away from her girlfriend.

'Huh?'' Lauren asks back, tearing her eyes away from Camila to look at Dinah again but her stomach is turning and creating nausea within her from watching her girlfriend standing so close to a stranger. ''Oh, yeah. Kyano. Uh, he's doing really well.''

Lauren's eyes are being pulled back to Camila like magnets and she feels the enormous urge to stand up and demand her attention back to her and away from this girl who is delusional enough to think she has a chance with her girlfriend.

But she knows it's better to keep her distance. She promised Camila she would trust her from now on. She needs to trust that Camila won't do anything to betray her again. But she will keep a close eye on the situation until she's completely sure that the astronaut won't cheat on her. Not again.

''That's good to hear! So how's the nightmares then? I mean, he's at your parents' house right now, won't that be scary for him? Since it's his first sleepover since we've got him back and all.'' Dinah asks while Normani looks at her with interested eyes as well, both of them completely missing that Lauren is trying to spy on her girlfriend.

''Uh, yeah. First time. Yeah, he's doing well, no more nightmares thankfully.'' Lauren says with a smile, making eye-contact with her friends for a short moment before her eyes are being pulled back to the bar. Camila is now reaching out to hug the girl against her for a few moments and whisper in her ear and Lauren feels pure rage building inside her body at the action.

Normani frowns at Lauren's short answers and follows her cold, hard gaze towards the bar to see Camila pull away from a hug with a girl that doesn't really look familiar to her at all. She watches the girl hand a small card or paper over to the astronaut and it makes her frown in confusion. Then she sees the angry frown and the terrified look in her friend's eyes and it all makes sense to her at once. She elbows her wife next to her who looks at her questioningly.

A simple gesture to Lauren and the bar makes Dinah understand what's happening immediately and she gives her wife an understanding look.

''Good to hear! Kyano is coming home in the afternoon tomorrow, right?'' She calls out, trying to distract her friend while Normani now gives her a confused frown. She understands that Lauren wants to see what Camila is going to do and her wife keeps pulling her attention away from the situation. Dinah just presses a kiss against her lips lovingly in reassurance before focusing back on the technician.

''Yeah, around 4pm I think. Why?'' Lauren asks back, seemingly a little relieved to see some more distance between Camila and the girl after their hug. But anger is still inside her and a very strong wave of jealousy is rushing through her.

''Well, you'll probably be exhausted tomorrow morning from everything we've done the last few days. So if you need some more help with unpacking, just let me know and I'll be there before the little one gets home and after 11am. I need to get a little sleep as least!'' Dinah answers with a chuckle, which makes Normani and Lauren laugh, albeit involuntarily.

''Thank you, Dinah. I really appreciate that.'' Lauren says back, giving her friends a thankful smile and a quick hug before her eyes wander back to Camila. For some reason, she is still talking to this girl and laughing loudly. The stranger even touches her shoulder and bicep from time to time and it infuriates Lauren even more.