Chapter 20

Sarah's POV

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I stutter nervously, my hands clutching to the bench which I felt like I was now stuck to.

"You lied to us Sarah, you told us he was in Atlanta" Alex chuckles evilly as he talked steps towards us.

"She didn't lie. I told her to tell you that. I was going to meet you in Atlanta, but when I found out what you did to Sarah, I came back."

"We didn't do nothing to her," Robert starts to lie.

"And even if we did, so what? She wanted it, and she knows it" Alex says, completely ruining the start of Robert's lie, but I knew why, he wanted to frustrate Austin. Make him furious so he did something stupid. But I wasn't going to let that happen, I refused to let him stoop to their level. The thought pops into my head that if I hadn't have stooped to their level all those months ago, I would have never been in such a dangerous situation, with such a dangerous boy. But right now I cant even remember the life I used to have without him.

"Sarah, get to the car" Austin says, trying to stay as calm as he can as he positions himself, ready for anything they put against him.

"I'm not leaving" I say, crossing my arms.

"I said get out of here" he says through clenched teeth. I could tell how frustrated he was, but I refused to leave him on his own and get hurt by them.

"I don't need your bitchy little attitude right now. Just go back to the car and get the fuck out of here" he said, walking over to me. His eyes staring intensely into mine. A part of me scared. Realizing we were back to the start, exactly like we were at the restaurant on our first date. And its like nothing has changed at all. He's still the same troubled guy in a stupid situation. Still the same boy with serious issues.

"I don't want to leave you" I whisper, trying to change things, trying to prove to myself that things would be different this time, that he would accept my words, at least listen to them.

"Stop whining for fuck sake. Get to my car and go home" and everything that happened early, before Alex and Robert came flies out of my brain. The Austin who listened was gone again way too quickly. I couldn't imagine my past I had without him, but I could imagine the future.

"If I have to leave right now, you've proved to me your exactly the same jerk I was forced to go out with months ago, a guy who doesn't think I can look after myself, and I don't want to date that guy"

"What are you saying?" he snaps, fury strong in his eyes.

"What I'm saying Austin Mahone, if I leave right now, we're through" I shout, not even caring that Robert and Alex were still there, looking as confused as Austin was.

"If you two have done with your pathetic little argument, we have some business with Mahone" Robert says smugly, happy to see that 3 people we're giving Austin pain at the same time, which defiantly not my plan, but one I had to follow through with.

"Sarah, get out of here" Austin whispers sharply, before turning away from me, facing Alex.

"Fine" I whisper back, hoping he regrets this decision. "Have a nice life. I'm sorry I even tried to make it better. I'm sorry for even stooping to your level and going out with you. I wish it had never have happened" I whisper, just loud enough for him to hear as I walk away as fast as I can.

Driving straight back to the house, a familiar main of black curls is sitting on my porch. Parking Austin's car on the driveway, I walk up to her. Curious to why she was even here.

"Sarah! Are you ok?" she asks, quickly standing up to face me, worry strong on her face.

"Why do you care?" I say, trying to walk past her, but she grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Look, I'm sorry ok. I really am. I should never have acted like that and speeded shit around the school. I only did it because I was so angry, but when I saw you today, with Robert and Alex, I realized how much of a jerk I've been. I told everyone at the school what I said about you was just crap, their probably going to hate me now, but I don't care. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember. I don't want to lose you because over these past few months, I've realised actually how perfect you are together." she says, and as she does, tears form in my eyes until I break down right in front of her. "What's wrong?" she asks, wrapping her arms around me in a secure hug, trying to comfort me but it wasn't working.

"Austin and I aren't together anymore" I cry, before she ushers me inside, making me tell her the whole story.

"And now they're going to kill him, and I just left! How could I be so stupid!" I cry, finishing off the second box of tissues.

"They are not going to kill him. Alex and Robert act all tough, but they would never have the guts to do that. But just in case I think we should call the police"

"NO!" I shout, blocking her reach from the phone. I couldn't let her ring the cops. Austin already has a criminal record, and if Alex or Robert spills about their drug selling, then it could get him in even bigger shit.

"Why do you not want me to d-" Trish starts off saying, but then both of us freeze as the door of the house slams closed. Snapping our heads towards where the sound came from, both of us see an extremely battered Austin limp into the living room.

"Do you two want to be alone?" Trish asks, to which I nod. I thank her for today before she leaves the house. Only the two of us left. I stare at him for a split second, looking at his injuries before rushing off to get the first aid kit. Sitting him on the couch, I try to patch him up as best I can.

Both of us sit in silence as I notice the cut on his jeans, the surrounding area covered in blood. Rolling his jean leg as best I could, I bandage up the small cut which had not stopped producing blood, but was still badly scared. Moving up to his face, I wipe away the blood that was pouring from his nose, which now seemed a bit more crooked than usual. Grabbing an ice-pack, I order him to put it over his eye, which would be black the next morning. I wiped away the mess on his lip, a cut pretty deep on his chin, I was sure he would need stitches for it, but I knew he would never even consider going to the hospital about it.

"You're an idiot" I whisper under my breath as I pack away the first aid kit, about to go and put it away, a had grabs mine, stopping me from my movement.

"I'm sorry" he whispers, standing up, seemingly with less pain this time."I thought they were going to kill you" I whisper, tears forming in my eyes again as I think about it.

"I don't care what happens to me as long as your safe"

"Its not safe with you. Its safe than without " he says, not giving me time to register his words before his mouth drops on mine. Instantly my entire body melted against his, involuntarily giving in to his lips that softly worked on mine. His hands move to my waist, slowly massaging them as he pulls me closer. Taking an immediate chance to deepen the kiss by running his tongue against my bottom lips, slipping his tongue in my mouth as my hands ran through his soft hair. Holding me close, he gently guided me up against the wall, my fingers tugging at the bottom of his shirt before he shifts, giving me access to lift it over his head, ruffling his hair but his lips we back on mine.

Moving his hands up from my hips, the play with the hem of my shirt, waiting for me to move enough for it to be taken away. My back is pulled off the wall, but only for a second as the fabric of my shirt is slipped over my head and onto the floor next to Austin's. His lips latch onto my neck as they gently suck on one spot, making me feel week. His hands roam up and down my exposed body, massaging everything apart from my breasts which were still covered by my bra.

"Please don't ever leave me like that again. I couldn't bare to live my life without you" he whispers against my neck before bringing his face up to see mine. His eyes half closed as he stares at me, both of us breathless as he whispers. "Please be mine tonight."