Chapter 4

Sarah's POV

"What the fuck did you do?!" I whisper cautiously, who the hell am I on a date with?! A fucking murderer?

"I'm going to repeat myself one more time. Get in the car and let me take you home" he says, his eyes looking seriously into mine. His hand holding me tight, digging into my skin.

"O...Ok" I stutter, unable to refuse him anymore. If I did, it might have been my blood on his hands instead. He let go of his grip on me, making me jerk backwards. I carefully climbed into his car. He climbed into his side. I could feel his eyes staring at me, but I refused to look back. After a second, he starts the car and drives.

After what feels like hours of silence, Austin parks the car on the curb outside my house. I go to reach for the handle, but its locked.

"Open it" I say, still refusing to look at him even though I could sense his eyes staring at me.

"Sarah..."

"Open the door"

"I want to talk to you"

"Open. The. Fucking. Door" I repeat, turning my head around and giving him a glare. He sighs as he unlocks it, I immediately climb out and start walking to the door. I hear him climb out of the car as well.

"I know what I did wasn't right..."

"What did you do Austin? What the fuck did you do to get blood on your hands?" I say, turning back around to face him. I wanted to get away from him, but first, I needed answers.

"I got over protective. Its only because I didn't like the way he was looking at you. I didn't hurt him... much. I could see it in his eyes, all those bad intentions he had towards you..." he says, walking around the car and over to me. He got as close as I would let him before staring into my eyes. His eyes looked as if he was sorry, but I wasn't falling for it. I wasn't falling for any of his tricks.

"Like yours are any better then his!" I spat, about to turn around and walk away from him once and for all, but his hand grabs my wrist, making me spin round.

"Don't touch me!" I shout, immediately making him let go. "Don't ever touch me, speak to me or even look at me ever again!"

"But Sarah, I-"

"I don't want to hear it. I was stupid to go on this date, to even think that your stupid recklessness was an act, that there might be a good person under that. Looking at me a if you own me, well guess what Austin. You don't own me! You never will own me. And you can't just go punching guys because I talked to them for like 5 minutes. Goodbye Austin" I say, turning on my heels and walking away, refusing to look back. Leaving him standing in my driveway.

************

I woke up the next morning feeling horrible. Ok, I might have been a bit harsh on him, but he shouldn't have hurt Elliot because he was talking to me. But still... maybe I should apologize to him.

I climbed out of bed and changed into some black skinny jeans, a dark red vest top, black sweatshirt and my black toms. I left my hair and face natural, it was only school.

"Hey Sarah" Trish smiles when she spots me at my locker, a cellophane cup with the Starbucks logo in her hand. I grabbed my biology book for first period and closed my locker.. "So, what did you do last night?"

"I... I went on a date with Austin"

"You did what?!" she said, almost spitting out the coffee she had just taken a sip of. "I thought you hated him!"

"Trust me, I do. He challenged me to it. I couldn't let Austin win that"

"I thought you didn't want to be part of his childish games"