Chapter 9

Sarah's POV

The doorbell rang exactly at 7pm. And once again I found myself in a state of shock that I was actually going on a date with Austin Mahone. And this time he would realize I wasn't the ordinary type. That I was different to the other girls he's dated, and that I would fall for any of his tricks. I swung the door open, no stepping back now. The moment I opened it, I saw Austin smile, not his cheeky smirk he always had, but a full on, full teeth smile. Something I had never seen on him before. I liked it. He was wearing some black skinny jeans, held up by a belt for once and a v-necked grey shirt that complemented him nicely.

"Wow. You look as beautiful as ever" he says, his eyes slowly looking up and down at me. Enjoying my knee length black and silver dress that had a low front to show off a bit of cleavage. But not enough to make myself seem easy to him.

My hair was tied up in a messy bun, my make up natural apart from some black eye liner outlining the natural shape of my eye

My hair was tied up in a messy bun, my make up natural apart from some black eye liner outlining the natural shape of my eye. I tried to convince myself that he was looking at anything other then what was covering my body, but I couldn't seem to do it.

"Not so bad yourself" I say stepping out of the house and locking the door. Me and Austin walked down to his car where he opened the passenger door and helped me into the car. He quickly walked round to the other side. The smile still on his face as he climbed into the drivers seat. A small part of me actually started to think that he was happy I gave him another chance other, but now I just had to wait until he would inevitably fuck up...

We got to a smallish restaurant on the good side of town. Unlike last time, the streets were lit and there were lots off people walking around the streets. I felt safer this time, so I relaxed a bit more.

We took or seats, Austin sitting on the other side of the table, not trying to sit next to me. I started to relax into the date, but still kept up enough guard in case any shit happened, which, being Austin Mahone, probably would. The menus were on the table when we sat down and we both grabbed one and started looking through the lists of gorgeous sounding foods there was.

"Do you know what you want?" Austin asks politely, putting his menu down on the table and focusing his eyes on me.

"Yeah, I think so. You?"

"Well, I can't seem to find you on the menu" he says, slightly chuckling on his own comment which I brush off.

"So Sarah, tell me about yourself" he asks when our orders have been taken, taking me by surprise that he asked the question.

"W...Well, what do you want to know?" I ask cautiously since I'm not used to people asking me questions, I'm usually the one asking.

"Family?"

"Mom, lives in Europe, supposedly writing a book, but I just think she wanted to get away from my dad. He owns the store, but is always away on business, so I run it instead. Nothing special. You?" I ask, not actually expecting an answer since Austin was always so secretive about his family.

"Dad, left when I was 10, supposedly works at a bank or some shit. Mom took over the business he left behind. Mahone's Tattoos" he chuckles, thinking it was so ridicules. "She was good until she got re-married to some jackass. After that I never really got on with any of them, so I left as soon as I could. Haven't seen my mom or my brother since" he says, taking me by surprise that he actually trusted me to tell me anything about his family, and that he had a brother.

"I never knew you had a brother" I say, resting my chin on my hand, intrigued on the conversation.

"Yeah. Well, half brother anyway. Jay. He'll be, what?...10 now... wow. I never thought about how fast he was growing up" he sighs, and in that moment, I see the real Austin again. The one who cuddled up with me when I had a hang over. The one I actually felt safe and comfortable with.

"Were you and him close?"

"Yeah, he was the only one in the family I could actually bare to be around"

The rest of the evening went as well as the start. I didn't want to run away from him or escape out of the washroom window. There was no more talk about either of our families, even though there was still so much I wanted to ask, but I knew that now wasn't the time. There was no sexual comments, and both his hands were kept to himself the whole time. His feel started to play with mine a few times, but I didn't move my feet away, I just smiled and blushed. There was a couple a few years younger then us sitting on a table close by, sharing an ice-cream sundae, it looked so cliché and childish, but Austin managed to convince me into sharing one with him. That's when I saw the childish side of Austin. Not the guy who smoked or drank vodka, but one that wasn't afraid to share an ice-cream sundae with a girl in front of quite a few people.

We must have left around 10:30. Laughing about how the younger couple looked at us while eating the ice-cream, thinking we were mocking them. As we were walking, Austin's hand slowly entwined with mine and squeezed gently, bringing me closer to him. It was quite cold outside and I had forgotten to bring a jacket, but Austin kept me close by him so the warmth from his body found its way to me. His hand didn't let go of me till we got to the car where he opened the door for me and helped me in. the drive back was quite but comfortable. Part way back, a song came on the radio, it was one of my favourites so I started to hum the tune, but as it was coming to the end of the song, Austin started singing it, and slowly but surly, I started to sing with him...

And felled in the night

By the ones you think you love

Felled in the night

By the ones you think you love

Felled in the night

By the ones you think you love, love

And just as the song ends, he stops the car at my drive way.

"You're good" I smile, biting the side of my lip.

"You too" he smiles back.

"I didn't even know you sang" I say before he leans forward, getting closer to me.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me Sarah" he whispers gently into my ear before his lips go on my cheek. Being the gentleman he was trying to be tonight, and not making a move. Even though in that moment, I wanted his lips on my own instead of my cheek.

"Night Austin" I smile, biting my lip again as I climb out of the car. I unlock my front door before giving him a small wave and closing the door. I rest my back on the door and sigh. I was falling for him.