We Come in Peace... Kind Of

"Well I'll be damned." Jerry said smiling at Kingsley before going in for a hug.

"Hello to you too Mate." Kingsley said laughing. I ran up and squeezed him tightly.

"You don't understand how happy I am to see you." I whispered to him.

"I'm glad you're okay. I'm happy that you're happy now, kid." Kingsley said kissing the top of my head. "Well why are you all standing around like that. Take a seat. You act as if we're strangers" Kingsley said before sitting next to Agent Cross. We all looked at each other before sitting around the table. "Well I suppose introductions are in order. Agent Cross, this is Brianna, Deneen, Jade, Jake, Reed, Jessica, Daniela, and Jerry. These young lads were all in my covert operations class at Gallagher Academy. A troublemaking bunch they were, but some of the best agents I've ever had the privilege of training. " Kingsley said looking at all of us. I won't lie, a couple tears came to my eyes at his sentiment, but I pushed them back quickly remembering the reason why we were all gathered there.

"The pleasure is all mine, honestly. It's a priviledge to be in a room with so much young, and mostly untapped talent. Nonetheless, you all have made your choices. Now, we must live with them." Agent Cross said looking directly at Jerry and I.

"So, group, what brings you all here?" Kingsley asked looking around.

"I'm sure you can guess exactly why they are here." Cross said looking at him. Kingsley shook his head and rubbed his temples.

"Don't do that." I said looking at him as well. "Don't shake your head and rub your temples. I know what that means, I was in your class. I know you, Kingsley. I know that a No is coming and I can't take a no right now. So please, please don't do that." I said begging him.

"She's good." Cross said simply.

"I know why you're here and I can't give you what you want." Kingsley said looking up from the table. His eyes were sad.

"Yes you can." I whispered.

"No Ela, I can't. This is beyond you. This is beyond even us really. I care about Alex and Tyler. I really do. Yet, I cannot allow you guys to go out there." Kingsley said shaking his head.

"Why not?" Jerry asked crossing his arms.

"Well for one, you guys have ben out of training for over a year. You guys are not actually agents, except Jade, Jerry, and Dee, and even then, this entire mission is beyond their clearance level. I could get fired, and so could they, if anyone knew you were even here.

"Kingsley, you don't understand. We might just be the only people that can actually save them!" I yelled in frustration.

"Isn't that just a bit self centered of you to think?" Cross asked sarcastically and a shot him a look.

"Honestly Mate, now is not the time to mess with her." Kingsley warned him. Cross backed down and Kingsley returned his gaze to me.

"Ela, trust me we have to best teams out there searching for them. It's not just us, but it's every governmental agencies. We're going to get to them. We're going to save them, but you have to trust me. You have to put your faith in me." Kingsley said leaning towards me hoping that this would work.

"I can't. I can't sit around and just pretend that this isn't happening. I can't go back to that damn university and pretend that they are locked up and being tortured somewhere. I can't go back to my normal life and just push this out of my head. Not again. I can't do that again." I said shaking my head and forcing the tears not to come.