"I think I know what he is talking about." Carmela commented.

"I think so too." Antonio added. And with that they continued singing all the way to the mansion.

It was very hot that day, so I had tied my hair in a bun and hid it under my hat. When we were on the outskirts of Rome a large mansion appeared in sight. We parked our cars outside and stood out of the large rail doors staring in awe and utter shock.

"Is this real or it's just an illusion because of the high temperature?" I asked

"It's real." Alexander replied not sounding as excited as the rest of us.

"We shouldn't have left our cars outside. It will take us hours to cross this garden." Iphigenia commented.

"Well, we shouldn't damage their little garden. I don't want to deal with their grumbling." Alexander replied again in an ironic tone. Before anyone could say anything he had opened the door and was heading to the large mansion. I shied and followed him along with everyone else.

"Alexander, wait a minute! Not everyone has your big feet, you know!" I complained behind him. He was further than us and he was walking faster than anyone else. He turned around with and apologetic look, finally stopping.

"Sorry." He said when I was close enough.

"It's ok. But, if I faint that's your fault." He laughed.

"Well, I'll catch you if you do." He joked.

"I'm sure about it." We laughed and continued our way to the mansion with Alexander's hand around my waist.

I felt safe when I was around him. I felt warmth. I felt normal. Everything would be much easier if Alexander was my soulmate. He made me laugh. He made me happy. He helped me face my problems. While the other one, caused me nothing but pain. Why is life so unfair? Binding me with a vampire and making me face this whole situation.

"What are you thinking?" Alexander asked me.

"A lot of things." I replied.

"Can I help?"

"I'm afraid not."

He dragged me closer to him protectively. After a few minutes which seemed like centuries, we reached the entrance. The inside of the mansion was cooler than the outside, so we were relieved to get away from the hot sun. The entrance hall was quite big and in a corner there was a large golden desk behind of which a woman, in her late forties, sat looking at some papers. We approached her, but she didn't seem to have noticed us. Which was quite weird, considering we were nineteen people in one room standing just in front of her. I coughed. No response. Ok, that was really rude of her. From her brown hair and brown eyes I concluded she wasn't a member of the council, so politeness ends here.

"Excuse me?" I shouted in the end. Finally, she raised her head to look at us.

"How did you get in here?" She replied in a rude tone.