"You think he would hurt you?"

"He had promised me he would never hurt me. But, I don't know what to believe anymore."

She hugged me with compassion. "Everything is going to be fine. You'll see." She told me.

"I hope so."

"I'll leave you now to get rest and think. You need it."

"I do nothing but thinking lately."

"Goodnight." She said exiting the room.

"Goodnight." I murmured, lying again in my bed.

The next morning...

I woke up with difficulty. I still felt exhausted by the yesterday events. I went downstairs only to face seventeen worried faces.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I said sitting down.

"Are you sure?" Alexander asked me as usual. Only Iphigenia didn't seem worried after my last night confession.

"Yes, Alexander, I'm sure. It was just a headache."

"So, do you know what this woman yesterday was talking about? About your ancestors." Inez asked me.

Last night, I had the time to think about that too. And perhaps I had found the answer. "I think I do." Everyone had their attention on me. I decided not to keep them waiting.

"It's a tradition to our family to keep a book where all the prophecies of our ancestors are written down. But, that's only for the members of a specific bloodline. For instance, there is a book for my ancestors and another book for Alexander's ancestors. However, my Granny had told me that there is a book that contains the prophecies of every prophetess that has ever existed. And that is in the possession of..."

"... The Council." Alexander finished my sentence.

"What's that council – thing?" Antonio asked.

"It's a council consisted of the elder prophetesses. They basically have the last word in everything that concerns prophetesses' issues." I replied.

"And where is this council?" Lucia and Laura asked in unison.

"I don't know." I replied honestly. An expression of disappointment flashed across their faces. "But, Alexander does." I added. Everyone turned to look at Alexander. "You can stay here if you don't want to come." I told him. I could see he was upset. And I could understand why he felt that way.

"No, it's ok. I think I have to face them for once in my life." He replied calmly.

"So where we go next?" Beatriz asked.

"Rome."

A few days later...

"Back home!" Carmela sang all the way to Rome. She was very excited to return to her birth place. Antonio sang Italian songs along with her and some others. Alexander and I were sitting on the back of a car silent.

"As I said again, you don't have to come."

"I'll be fine." He replied coldly.

"Are you sure?" That made him crack a smile.

"Yes, I'm sure. And can you stop asking this question? It's annoying." I laughed.

"Now, you know the feeling!" He gave me a warm smile and I took his hand in mine to encourage him.

"So where did you say this council is?" Antonio asked.

"In a mansion just outside the town. It's quite big and there is nothing nearby." Alexander replied.