H.46

Calum pov.

'Can I go on a hunt?'

'No.' zeg ik chagrijnig als Michael me dezelfde vraag voor de driehonderdste stelt.

'Why noooottt?' klaagt Michael terwijl hij zich op zijn bed omrolt naar zijn rug en me boos aankijkt gevolgd door zijn armen die hij langs zijn hoofd legt.

'Because I'm not waiting for a mystery where people are suddenly missing and later found back without a single drop of blood in their body.'

'I can drink people's blood without drinking all their blood!'

'Sure. Don't expect me to believe that.'

'That's just rude, man.'

'Well, I don't care.'

'Fine! Then don't expect me to help your relationship with my sister then.' Zegt hij terwijl hij zijn armen over elkaar slaat, wat er heel raar uitziet als je op z'n kop ligt.

'SHE'S NOT YOUR SISTER! SHE'S MINE!' Schreeuwt Seff boos vanaf de andere kamer.

'NOT BY BLOOD BUT SHE IS BY BOND! AND THAT'S NOT WHAT WE CAN SAY OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH SOPHIE!'

'I FUCKING PROTECTED HER AGAINST THE BENWARS, YOU FUCKING IDIOT. I THINK OUR BOND IS DEEP ENOUGH.'

'Guys...'

'WELL, WERE WHERE YOU WHEN THE BASEBALL KISSED SOPHIE?!'

'I WAS THERE! I FUCKING SAW IT HAPPEN!'

'Guys!'

'OH, AND WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP THEM THEN?!'

'BECAUSE IT'S SOPHIES PERSONAL FUCKING LOVE LIFE! HE'S HER MATE, SHE KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH HIM!'

'OH, ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?!'

'GUYS!' schreeuwt Quinten er eindelijk duidelijk over heen. 'Stop fighting! We're attracting the attention of the whole fucking hotel!'

Direct stoppen Seff en Michael met bekvechten en opgelucht blaas ik mijn adem uit. 'Okay, the only thing we need to wait for now is for Max, Ellen and Ashton to come here and then we can start looking for Sophie.'

'Wait, guys. Has anyone informed Sophies dad that she's missing?' vraagt Seff plotseling geschrokken.

Met grote ogen kijk ik Seff aan. Hier komt hij nu pas mee?!

'Shit! Does anyone know his phone number?'

'Well, you can always try to call him but he's also missing.'

'Why is suddenly everyone missing of Sophies family? Her dad, her mother, her brother and her "originally" family is dead. Is Sophie cursed or something?'

'Ehm, Cal... Sophies mother and brother are dead.. They aren't missing.' zegt Quinten terwijl hij de kamer in komt lopen.

'They're whát?!'

'They're dead. Are you deaf or something?'

'No, I have a perfectly fine hearing, thank you very much. But, what do you mean they're dead?'

'Exactly what I'm saying! They're dead! I swear, there is something wrong with you, man. First you don't hear me right and now you don't understand the words.' zegt Quinten terwijl hij zijn hoofd schud en me met een blik vol medelijden aankijkt.

'I'm perfectly fine!-'

'That's what they all say!' onderbreekt Michael me grijzend.

'How did they die?' vraag ik aan Quinten terwijl ik Michael negeer.