Chapter 35 ~ Brothers

There I was again - floating on the brink of reality. I couldn't move my body - I was awake, and I desperately tried to make a sound of some sort. My voice, though, only disappeared in my throat. Hello? I was shocked by my own telepathic message. It felt as if it weren't mine - like I had spoken with someone else's voice. Everything is falling apart, isn't it? Leo? Ken?

No answer. I mentally sighed - would the gods or lords above not make anything easy for me? Who knows what could have happened while I was out?

"Don't you dare." Hongbin? That I had not expected. How many people were dragged into this, then? All because I can't keep others safe?

I heard a laugh. "It's always so pathetic. People say 'dare' as if this is something that I'm risking - and no, for your information, I am not risking anything of mine. I am sure of what I want of my brother, and that is final." Terre's voice became bitter as he spoke. 

"Exactly. Your brother - Terre, you have to let your brother live. He's family to you!"

"You try, young bean. You try - with your useless excuses." I heard a soft thud - a footstep.

"And I'll try physically if you don't s-safely set down Ken hyung." Hongbin was getting nervous, and it was passing on to me. What was happening to Ken? Nothing good, that was for sure. But where is Leo? Where is the rest?

I began to sweat, despite the chilly rock beneath me. "You have one last chance. Make this right." Huh?

"I-I will!" I heard running - it eventually faded, and I guessed Hongbin was gone. What had that meant, though? Make this right? Was Hongbin working for Terre? That only complicated things even more. But then again, I could be misreading things.

"Ravi, I know you're awake." I still couldn't move, so what was the use? I didn't bother to send a telepathic message to Terre. "Ravi, I have your friend's life on the line. Answer me." Oh, fine.

I'm awake, what do you want? I transmitted. No answer. What did this witch need from me?

"Ravi." I would have jumped if my body hadn't been numb. Ken's voice was a bare croak. "R-Ra... Leo is safe-"

"Shut up," Terre ordered. It worked, surprisingly. No - not now. I had to know what happened to Leo, and what was happening to Ken. I tried transmitting to him again, but nothing came back. A sudden thought bubbled up in my head.

Am I going to die just like this? What if I pass away in unconsciousness, without knowing if everyone was safe? I have to stay awake. I have to be there for any more conversations, try to open my eyes a-

---

I know I've been gone for a while. I'm really sorry, and I'm also really thankful to those who vote despite the unexpected break. Thank you, thank you thankyouthankyo-

I'll do my best to go on Wattpad - you might see me updating old chapters. Sorry, I have to seriously fix the early chapters - but I'm also working on the next chapter! If you see me vote or comment somewhere, have hope! :) That means I have small bits of time for Wattpad, and that I'm adding onto the next chapter piece by piece.

~~~~

If you guys want some WonTaek and a darker fantasy (unintended reference) story compared to others, please read No Angels by thewestcoastsmoker! (yes unfortunately TKStarlight has gone and advertized on her own after a sort of hiatus ._.) It's a great book that is personally one of my favorites if not my favorite, and I believe it needs more recognition. See you!