Chapter 23 ~ Half-Beast

Back to the action.

The next day, there was nothing from Bronze until the afternoon. I had already told the others about the threat, and we'd kept ourselves armed the whole day just in case.

Leo and I were in our bedroom when he made the first move. We hadn't known anything was happening until Hyuk burst into our room. By then, it had already started.

"Hongbin's out cold!" he cried. "Kai is also unconscious, the angel tried to take my life with the gold thingandthenhenearlykilledTaeminwithhis-"

"Slow down," I said with a new urgency in my voice. I could nearly feel Leo's panicking next to me. "Say that again."

"Hongbin and Kai are out cold. The angel called Bronze came back, but he's... Bigger. I think he took a growing potion, so it's harder to take him down. And his eyes are pale-gold, like the Heavenly Beast's. He has a gold blade that I've never seen the likes of before. He nearly got me with it and he also almost killed Taemin with his light orb thingies." Leo and I rose and we all ran for the front of the palace.

"Where's N?" I asked as we rushed down the stairs.

"N is fighting Bronze with Taemin. N told me to get you guys. But I think he won't hold out for long, he's been drugged by one of Bronze's secondary blades. They're covered in different liquids, but they're shorter."

"Thanks for the warning," Leo says. We make it to the front area. There, Bronze is standing next to N's and Taemin's lying but breathing body, this time taller than me. About 10cm taller, I guess. His eyes are as Hyuk explained. His athletic limbs are even thicker than before, but that didn't mean anything yet. There was still the element of light and darkness. Size didn't matter for those.

"I wasn't really surprised, Ravi, when I found no one in the Heaven palace." His voice was slightly deeper, but my slightly-husky and cave-deep voice still beat his. "I guessed you were one to make stupid mistakes from the beginning."

"Judgmental much? We met in a fight days ago." I summoned the blade to my hands. I saw Leo shift to his more vampire true form out of the corner of my eye. Hyuk and I shifted to our true forms too. I slashed, aimed at Bronze's torso. He dodged, but I swiped my sword his way and caught his arm. His right forearm bled with a deep scratch - but to my shock, the scratch healed itself immediately. Bronze laughed, then kept the smug smile afterwards. I was going to wipe that smile right off his face soon enough. Or wipe his face off his body, the dark side of me whispered. The same side that tried to... do something to Leo. I mentally slammed the door on it, and focused on Bronze. He was handling Hyuk and Leo. I had to weaken him without weapons, then use the sword when I could surely kill him for once and for all.

I stored the sword away with darkness, and summoned blackness to my hands in spheres. I threw at Bronze, but he dodged easily and slammed a thick arm right at Hyuk's chest behind him. Hyuk fell backwards, caught off guard. I saw his eyes stay closed after his landing. At least he wasn't dead - no one was dead yet. Kai and Hongbin, wherever they were, weren't dead. Hyuk said they were out cold. The others were all breathing but unconscious here. Bronze dove at me at a much faster speed than last time and pinned me down. He brought his gold weapon down, but something fast pulled me out of its way. Leo. The gold weapon still struck my left arm, though. A deep scar down it was left bleeding.

"Let's take this inside, shall we?" before Bronze's words registered completely in my mind, Bronze dashed past Leo and I, destroying the palace gates as he entered the large and wide throne room. He was going to break half the palace down if I didn't handle him well. I ran in after him, but Leo, being half werewolf and half vampire, was faster. He tackled Bronze and sent him toppling down. Bronze hadn't realized Leo was so fast. I threw dark orbs down at Bronze, making him grunt. Only grunt, though, a frustrated sound. Leo created deep scratches with his claws and bit down on Bronze's neck, sending poisonous venom into his blood. Bronze cried out in pain and threw Leo to the farthest wall. Leo slammed into it with a scream and the material the wall was built with came crumbling on top of him.

"Leo!" I yelled. No answer. I heard Bronze laugh. I turned to face him.

"You do realize you're the one making the crime here, right? The bloodshed?"

"It's for justice. Angels do anything to bring justice." Before I could throw an insult at him, he pulled a vial from his pocket. I was sick of potions like Leo was by now. He broke and threw the cap to the side, gulping down the bright purple liquid. "The real fight starts now. I mixed Heavenly Beast DNA into this strength potion. I'm unstoppable, Ravi. The heavens will have the upper hand now, and all will be restored."

"You sound like the villain in a fantasy novel. Except you call it Heaven, not some evil empire. Same thing, really."

"You're not going to joke arou-" a loud shout erupted from Bronze. His muscles began to tense, then release, then tense like it did when I accidentally took the potions in the lab/storage. His right arm turned scaly and white like the Heavenly Beast's skin. Blue crystal spikes came up down his back in a line. Bronze's wings turned gold, and claws extended. He growled deeply with a grin, and broke his gold weapon with a simple arm move. The two pieces clattered to the ground. "Try to kill me now, demon."

"I'll do so happily." Bronze pounced and pinned me down. I kicked at him from under, but cursed instead. His skin was rough and hard. I blasted darkness under him before he could hit me, and Bronze moved back with a pained expression but an angered roar. He shot light at me at the same time I shot darkness. The light orb ate up my dark orb on contact and headed straight for me, and I narrowly dodged. The light orb exploded, creating a large burn on the floor. I threw a snake of smoke at him, but he caught it. It hissed and disappeared. "You... You-"

"Me what?" Bronze grabbed me in the blink of an eye and held me up off the ground with two hands around my neck. They both tightened, making me flail around, trying to hit him, but I failed. I spat blood, and my lungs begged for air inside me. "I want to take my time killing you." His hands slightly released their grip, and he move to hold me in one hand. He flicked his other hand and Leo's unconscious body rose from the debris it had been stuck under. Leo's eyes flickered open, but he stayed levitating in a gold orb.

"Ravi!" Leo tried to break the orb.

"Leo, don't worry-" Bronze squeezed my neck, cutting off my words.

"It's always fun messing with two lovers, specifically you two." Bronze threw me down, making me cry out. A force kept me down, and Bronze pulled out a new blade. It was tinted blue - probably covered in slow working poison. He was going to torture me before Leo's eyes. I was glad, though, relieved that it wasn't the other way around. He'd make Leo's death quick, then, right? No one to show, so no pain. Bronze stabbed me with the blade in the center of my chest. I shouted out with agony.

"Ravi!" I didn't have the strength to answer properly. Only another shout. "Ravi!" My eyes became heavy, and all went black.