Chapter 15 ~ Potions

Sorry. I accidentally published the chapter...
Ravi's POV
I sensed for N, and I felt him down many floors. So we went down there, the journey full of my apologizing to Leo again and again, and taking off my collar.

"You know I'd never really do that-"

"Yes, I know."

"Don't take it-"

"Yah! Ravi, you idiot. I still love you. I don't care what happens, I always will."

"Okay." There was a long silence until we reached the right floor. The door was already open, and we went in. We found N twirling a vial around in one hand, looking bored. The whole room looked new - but it was still dark. Counters full of papers and bottles, empty or filled and tubes and fire holders. Shelves covered all the walls with either labelled or plain bottles of potions. The only light came from these liquids, which glowed softly with their neon color.

"You're going to risk destroying all these?" Hongbin asks.

"Don't worry, I put the special ones aside." N put down the vial he was holding. "Don't you think that four against one is unfair?"

"Nothing is fair around here," Hyuk shot back. "Since when did you care about fairness?"

"I only want to get rid of you and your love for now," N said. He snapped, and Hongbin and Hyuk disappeared. "I rule the Underworld, and I can do things you've never even heard of down here. Did you think it was smart to come?" N asked Leo. He didn't answer. N ignored the silence and pulled up a syringe, one of many scattered around the room. It was filled with a clear liquid, and N pushed the end of the syringe. The liquid was spit out of the tool and dropped to the floor.

"Are you going to kill us for once or not?" I asked impatiently. "You keep fighting us, we lose, then we rescue or heal each other. Then the cycle repeats. It's getting old."

"For me it isn't. The real fun starts now, Ravi." Leo tackled N immediately, making them both fall to the ground. I ran towards them and found Leo trying to hurt N while N held Leo's arms away from his body with a bored expression. I punched N like this, but he disappeared before I could even lay a finger on him. "If you think it's getting old, you can just lose or win. It'd be over." N's voice came from behind, but when I turned, I felt a head shove from where I had been previously looking. I fell forwards, but jumped back up and threw a punch. Again, N disappeared. Leo tried to hit N where he reappeared, but he teleported again. Leo made a grunt of frustration. Then I felt something hit my shins, which sent me off of my feet. I fell forwards. It was N's own leg. I tried to get up and N pushed me down again. Leo came and attacked N with a shard of a glass vial, which left a scratch on N's left arm. N growled and pushed Leo down. I leaped to my feet and charged, and N swiftly turned and threw me to a wall - a wall covered in shelving. I groaned when I hit it. The wood and glasses broke and shattered to the ground. Liquids splashed and fell everywhere. I felt wet substances slip down my skin everywhere.

"Ravi!" Leo called. I couldn't see him, and N seemed to have disappeared again.

"Whe-" I immediately spat, but it was too late. Some mix of a green and purple potion had leaked into my mouth. I began to panic. "Leo!" I said instinctively. Unfortunately, I only drank more potion out of the sudden mistake. I felt my stomach twist in pain, and eventually threw up - but it wasn't going to help. The potion effects were going to begin. I saw Leo rise from behind a counter, and he rushed over to me.

"Did you drink a potion?" I nodded. I held up two fingers. "Two potions?" I nodded again, not going to risk taking another. I pulled myself out of the colorful pool of liquids and shards of shelving or glass, and went under the shower that was supposed to be for if a harmful chemical got on a tester. It washed the potions away anyway, and left me soaked - but I didn't care. My clothing clung to my body like a second skin, but that wasn't what mattered. It was if the potions were poisonous ones or not. I shook my wings and water sprayed everywhere.

"Bad timing to show up?" N appeared and grabbed Leo's wrists from behind, and held them up behind his back. Leo tried to move free, and I tried to help him - but fell to the floor and writhed in pain. I didn't think it was a poison. If it was, it was a unique one. I felt all of my body muscles tense and release over and over again, and I heard blood rush in my ears. I gasped for air, suddenly feeling like I was being suffocated and my heart felt like it was racing. My veins glowed black under my skin. I screamed loudly in pain, louder than I ever did before. I felt like my muscles were being burned. But strangely, I felt stronger. At least I knew I wasn't going to die. I struggled and stepped forward, towards N.

"Let him go." I glared at N, and pushed him to a far wall - he let go of Leo in the process. I began to choke him with a new power. I felt ice and fire flow from my fingertips. "You dare try to make me kill Leo, you make..." My voice faltered. N was now Leo. I was choking Leo. I blinked twice. "H-Huh?"

"You're hallucinating," Leo said weakly. I dropped Leo. One potion was a hallucinating potion. The other was something that had a side effect of power. I turned and looked at an entertained N. I closed my eyes, and focused on something that begged for my attention within. Then I felt something in my hands. I opened my eyes. The blade, the only sword that can kill N, was in my two hands. Hongbin and Hyuk were also here. N's eyes were widened, his mouth open in surprise.

"How did you do that?!" He demanded. I only shrugged and sent him a smile. I shot darkness at him, and it wrapped around his neck and pulled N close to me. It threw him down, and N surprisingly could not escape the attack. He looked up at me, as if going to say something, but kept silent. I raised the blade and the darkness held his limbs down to the ground. I felt anticipation in the air. I brought the blade down.