Chapter 7 ~ The Plan in Action

OMG THANK YOU PEOPLE SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY WHYWOULDYOUEVENREADSOMETHINGLIKETHISASDFGHJKL?! Like, WHY? Thank you for the votes and reads! I decided to force myself into writing. :D I shoved all the time I could into this.

I wake up and my head spins first thing. I need a moment to gather my breath and balance before I sit up, and the cold wall jolts me awake when I lean against it. I shudder - it was getting extremely cold. I looked over, and saw the blood that N had tried to feed me was dried over in the other cell, the glass still there, shattered.

Then it hit me.

Today was the day I was going to get Taekwoon back.

My heart jumped with joy, and I smiled - I just had to break out of here somehow, alert Hongbin, and the plan would continue. I was going to start this thing. You awake? I mentally transmit softly. There isn't actually a volume to mental transmissions/telepathic talking, but you can change how it seeps into someone's head. A loud transmission would surprise someone if they are caught off guard, and come to them like a blow to the head. It wouldn't hurt as much, though.

I'm up. You ready?

I guess.

Oh, come on. It's showtime. The moment that decides your fate.

Hey - don't make this harder than it is!

Fine. Hongbin grows silent, and I take it as the signal to start. I tried sensing for presence - something that demons do by using their peculiar wing feathers to pick up all waves of heat and detect the source of them. This way, you could know exactly where people are - and once you get used to a place, you already know what the regular temperature is like so you can sense much farther distances. The process becomes instinct after a while, and you begin to separate different waves - meaning you could identify the identity of the person you sense. The way Hongbin masks Hyuk's waves are that he traps his own in his room with whatever invention he cooked up. He called it an art.

Now my problem was that I had to get out. I shook the bars again - they rattled a small bit. They were old and weren't perfectly preserved - meaning I could break them or something with a strong material. But I didn't have one. I pounded my fist against the ground - the stone was a formula of stone and some sort of other thing that was meant to resist. I couldn't go around the bars, then. I had to break them, or use something else. I couldn't use my teleporter and risk N sensing I was gone. I tested something by putting my arms through the spaces between bars. The farthest I could slip through was to have one leg and one arm through the space. I flew up, hovering when I was high enough. I felt the ceiling, all the cracks - they were useless, though. I slumped back down, sighing. I was keeping Hongbin waiting - but how could you expect someone to break out of a dungeon cell in a few minutes? Surely he'd cut me some slack. Though I knew he was going to tease me or something later on. I looked at the bars again - then looked down. What I had been hoping for was there, giving me some hope. The way the place had been built wasn't the best, but wasn't too bad, either - demons had made the stone dungeon, then added the bars - meaning they had to break the stone, and plant the bars inside. So the bars didn't fit perfectly into the holes - instead, the holes were bigger. I could slip a few fingers in the holes. I yanked on one bar as much as possible - thankfully, it moved in the hole. The space between it and the next bar was much greater, now. I tried passing through, and I got more than half of my body through. This is what happens when you don't take hostages, and you don't check your dungeons. I squirmed a bit, wiggling myself bit by bit and moving the first bar around, until I slipped out. A sense of victory washed over me, but I quenched it. I wasn't done yet. This was just the beginning.

I'm out, I send to Hongbin. I can almost see the dimples from his smile.

Finally! He jokes. I wait patiently. I count 329 seconds before he comes down with a vial. Had N really planned to feed me this stuff forever? Hongbin pulls out a weird 3D metal blob, and rolls it through the bar space I had slipped through. I shoved the bar back in place. It drags the hottest heat waves it detects to it and holds it for a long while, Hongbin explains, reading the question from my face. I nod. Hongbin takes my right hand hand squeezes his teleporter into it, then tosses the vial where I had thrown the old one. My stomach growls at the sight of blood, and Hongbin grins, but doesn't comment. I press the teleporter stone, and I am soon taken to a familiar room. I've been in Hongbin's room about two times before to train with him when the drill required a smaller space. How did I never notice Hyuk, though, I wonder? Now's not the time for questions, though. I needed to focus. A brown-haired boy that was slightly taller than me and that had cute features was waiting on Hongbin's bed with a smile but troubled eyes. Those eyes met mine and the worry washed away.