Chapter 26 ~ Favor and Warning

I was dreaming and I knew it. But nevertheless, I didn't like the dream. I wanted to wake up, but I couldn't. I was standing in a meadow of beautiful flowers and a sweet scent, but Bronze completely ruined the great view. He stood in a white, gold-belted tunic with arms crossed in front of me. "Get out of my sight," I grumbled. "You shouldn't have spent your final appearance on me." When an angel or demon died, they got to appear in one last dream of anyone they wished, or got to whisper to someone while they were awake.

"Well, here I am. I wanted to tell you this. I am dead, yes. I don't have any tricks up my sleeve anymore. We may have had a lot of fighting and hate between us, but just..."

"You're asking me a favor?!" I shout. "You have the wits to come up now and do that?!"

"Just, please, don't take your anger for me out on Snowflake."

"Is she the new angel master?" Bronze nodded. I scoffed.

"You think I'd do that?! If anyone were to do that, it would be you if you were in my place. I wanted balance. I had to kill you because you demanded power. Other angels wouldn't even think like that. You should be fucking ashamed of your sorry ass." The scene shifted. I was moved to a dark room with one, dim light overhead. I was placed on a chair in front of a tall window, like a mirror without the reflecting bit. The window showed nothing but black.

"Hello?" My voice echoed in the wide void. "Hello?" The window began to violently shake. I watched it, as something formed on the other end. That was when I realized it was a portal sort of thing, not see through.

"So we finally get to see each other in person." The person I saw through the portal glass was... me.

"H-Huh?" My second form laughed.

"I'm the dark side you've been complaining about," he explained. I got shivers down my spine from hearing my own voice, from seeing myself - just in another demon form. It looked as powerful as my true form - maybe even more. But I dared not to think that way. "Tell me - am I really that evil to you?"

"You nearly made me fuck Leo! The demon way!"

"Oh, that. That was so close, and you hated it. You created a whole other dark side after that within you. Me. I still am you, but I want something else. I want my Taekwoon." My dark form smirked.

"You are not going to touch him without his permission," I said.

"Who said? I'm as strong as your true form like you suspect. I can easily manipulate you if I time it right."

"Please don't."

"I want blood, which means you also do. You know you're bloodthirsty by now. When was the last time you've killed like a true demon? Years ago. And you have a growing lust for Leo."

"So? It's going to be his choice if we... do it or not. If I choose to do it on my own, I could hurt him too much. And I'd never forgive myself. That includes you. What kind of sick form of me are you? You wanted to decapitate Bronze, and you want me to have sex with Leo no matter against his will or not."

"Bronze deserved it," my dark form said, huffing. "He suffered too little. He put you through so much pain with the poison. I took most of that pain, okay? For you. And here you are, crushing my simply natural thoughts."

"Wait, what? You took the pain?"

"Yes. Though we are the same person, we feel differently in specific occasions. That includes pain. I absorbed most of the poison's pain, though. That's why you didn't, what, nearly wither to death while you were out." I just wished everything would slow down for a bit. I just dealt with a potion addicted angel and now I'm learning that my own dark form saved me but nearly... did it with Leo. Without permission.

"Th... Thank you?"

"You're very welcome."

"Can you... uh, show yourself when I wake up? Like you're doing now?"

"I can, but why?" My dark form raised an eyebrow.

"I want to introduce you to Leo." My dark form thought this over for a bit, then nodded.

"Just make sure he doesn't freak out and kill me for controlling you that way."

"Sure." No, I wasn't sure. Hopefully, Leo wouldn't mind. Then there was silence.

"Ravi... um... er..."

"Call me Wonshik then. You'll be Ravi for time being," I offer. Ravi nods. It was awkward already, calling someone else my name. Well, technically, he was me...

"Wonshik, I can't stand it."

"What?"

"You need to do something about your thirst for blood and your lust for Leo fast. I won't be able to control myself if you don't do it soon. I'm not split into two forms again - I just have a normal mode, and a real monster mode. That's when I decide to control you as I wish and go on a rampage."

"You know that's a bit creepy hearing that, right?" Ravi shrugged.

"Wonshik, please. In my normal mode, I'm like this - I help you and watch over you in case for the worst. I want to befriend you, and I take pain. In my monster mode, I can't help but destroy and destroy. I break everything, kill everyone, and devour all blood." I didn't really understand what the difference was from other rampaging creatures. I guess we were all the same when we didn't get what we needed. Then Ravi stepped through the portal. I felt cuffs click around my wrists, and ropes tied my ankles to the chair legs. I tried breaking the ties and the metal, but I couldn't.

"What are you doing?" This was a trap, wasn't it?

"I can't take it anymore. I'm too hungry, I-I need you to wake up quickly." Ravi trembled, then dove in. His teeth - my sharp teeth - sinked into my flesh. I cried out, suddenly feeling bad for every creature I've bitten before. This was horrible. It wasn't like the vampire bite when Leo bit me. It was much... rougher, I guess. Less forgiving. I felt something warm trickle down my neck.

My eyes shot open on the bed, and I found myself drenched in cold sweat. My stomach growled softly, to my embarrassment. But growl or no growl, I was hungry.
Really hungry.