Chapter 8 ~ Dinner and Sleep

Going to attempt some happier stuff... I said attempt. I'm gonna see how this goes. 

"I grabbed this," Taemin says, not all that confident. When Hongbin had called us for dinner, I had worried about what we were going to eat. I mean, with Taekwoon, would it be okay to eat bloody stuff? But I was relieved when Taemin showed that he had brought a bunch of fruits. It wasn't like demons completely couldn't eat other foods, so we all devoured the fruits and a nice salad with dressing. I knew, though, that we'd have to get Taekwoon more meat. A lot of it, since he was a Demi-Wolf. Also some blood. The food was finished quicker than I thought, and Taemin gave us bedrooms for the night. Taekwoon and I were put into the same bedroom Taekwoon had been revived in, while Taemin and Kai took the room opposite of ours, and Hyuk and Hongbin were two rooms down. The room between ours and Hongbin and Hyuk's was a small library - which I couldn't see the logic of, considering there were lots of books in this room alone. We went up to our rooms.

"Wonsik?" Taekwoon said after shutting the door. He plopped down beside me on the bed.

"Mm?" I was lying down, so Taekwoon also did so.

"Can you tell me the names of the other people? I forgot already." I smiled.

"The one that brought the food is Taemin. The one that revived you is Hongbin. The youngest one, the brown-haired boyfriend of Hongbin is Hyuk. The last one with the tanned skin is Kai."

"Those aren't their real names, are they?"

"Kai's 'real name' is Jongin. Hyuk's, apparently, is Sanghyuk. I think. That's what Hongbin said. Taemin and Hongbin use their real names."

"You're other name is Ravi, right?"

"Yeah." There was a silence before I spoke. "Do you want to be called Leo?"

"Huh? Oh. I guess it sounds better. Then can I call you Ravi?"

"Sure." I turned to my side, looked at Leo who was staring at the ceiling, and grabbed his waist and turned onto my stomach. I buried my face into the pillow next to his. I put my other arm out. It was an awkward position, until Leo maneuvered out of my grasp and pulled me on top of him. His arms then wrapped around my waist, and for a while I just stayed in his embrace for a while. I took in his scent - which I realized was somehow more vivid than before. Maybe it was because I was concentrating more this time. Leo smelled of a winter day in a forest, where all the plants are moist and had a sharp addition - like a strong lemon, or strong mint. Leo's arms moved away, and one started to slowly pat me. Er, not really. It was a gesture that moved down my back, then restarted from the top over and over in a rhythmic way. I let out a small sound of pleasure, and relished the feeling as he kept doing it. He was stroking me - that was the word, I guess, closest to it.

"I'm sleepy," I say, and roll back to my own spot. As if on cue, Taemin walks in.

"I came to say goodnight," he says. "Goodnight, then."

"Goodnight," Leo replies. I return the same word. Taemin leaves us be, and I turn off the lights with a switch by the bed. The curtains are already drawn, but slivers of silver moonlight were leaking through anyway. I turned to Leo, whose eyes were glowing gold. But he wasn't going crazy - it was his nature. Like how humans smile when their happy - it was just something that normally happened. I bet my eyes were red. I hadn't realized I had tucked away my wings, but it was all the better anyway. I closed my eyes, and drifted off into a rather peaceful sleep.

"Ravi." I wake up immediately at Leo's whisper.

"Huh?" I rub my eyes, and look around, finding a clock. It was nearly midnight - why was Leo up now? I asked him the same thing.