Chapter 34 ~ In and Out

I did and didn't know that I was moving in and out of unconsciousness after that. I did when I was half awake, didn't when I was not. Either way, I could barely piece words and ideas together in the beginning. My recovery was too slow for my liking, also.

I started with my eyes closed. I had realized I had woken, but couldn't move my body. I tried speaking out, but my words ended up as thoughts. My lips stayed shut. Though my ears were always open. "Stop it. Now." Ken's voice. "I'll give you five seconds to take your hands off of Leo."

"Try me," I heard Terre sneer. Though I couldn't see, I saw a change of color for a moment - there had been some sort of flash of light. There wasn't anything after that, and somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I was out cold again. Maybe even dead. There was silence for a few minutes, until Terre spoke again. "Don't be scared, wolf. Just sit still and it won't hurt." I heard a cry of pain that seemingly pierced my heart. Leo. He didn't say anything - if he did, I was out when he did.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but it must've been a while. My senses had returned slightly, and the chill of the room was faint to me. But it was there nonetheless. There was only the sound of boiling liquid. Then the hiss of something hot and cold meeting. A putrid smell reached my nose, but I couldn't move, still. I felt my stomach heave, but I didn't throw up. Though I did taste something vile in my throat.

I resurfaced once more, and by then I could move my feet and my hands. I felt the surface beneath my body. It was hard and bumpy - rock, probably. I confirmed it when I scratched my claws against the substance. "Ravi," Leo whispered softly. It was a plea. Terre probably wasn't in the room. Ravi, I received in my head.

I'm here, I tried sending back. But I could almost feel some sort of imaginary bubble around me, trapping my energy inside - if I had any left. I felt so drained. "Ravi," Leo repeated, a bit louder. I scratched the rock beneath me. "You're awake!" I tapped the rock in reply. "Can you move your whole body?" I shook a hand as a no. "Oh. Ken is some place else, and Terre left with something after he took a blood sample from me. And some fur - now the patch looks uneven. But I'm chained, and I can't do anything." I was surprised with the amount of Leo's talking, but couldn't help but noticed that word again.

Chains.

I slipped under to the darkness again with no control.

I heard a growl. It wasn't one that I heard before, but it belonged to an animal. "Don't move," a female hissed.

"You can't manipulate me!" Leo shouted. He growled, and I heard a feminine cry of pain. "How dare you try to make me reproduce!" Another cry. Sobbing. Begging. I felt my blood turn to ice at the image of Leo, the cold Leo that appeared once in awhile, hurting a female wolf (maybe even Demi-Wolf). It sounded too bloody without being able to see what was going on. In a few minutes, all that was left was Leo's ragged panting and choked sobs.

When I woke yet again, I found myself able to move my whole body. But I didn't open my eyes just yet when I heard Terre's voice. "If you don't give me Demi-Wolves for my use..." I felt something sharp dig into the clothing above my chest. "You lose your dear, dear demon."

"No," Leo said stubbornly. A simple word. "No."

"Talk sense, dog," Terre snapped. "No what?" I opened my eyes ever so slightly, keeping my breathing even, and saw Terre pull the knife away and point it at Leo. "You can't stop anything I do." I took this chance to open my eyes, while Terre had his back to me. If Leo saw me awake, he didn't acknowledge me. I took a deep, silent breath, then jumped from the stone area.

Tight restraints held me back as I came a finger's width from Terre's body. I scratched him deeply with what I could reach, then landed painfully back on the stone table. Terre yelled in surprise as I groaned. I should've felt around before I jumped. I felt all the blood in my body rush around at my sudden movement for days probably. It made my head spin.

"You're awake," Terre spat. "What a shame." I threw snakes of dark smoke in his direction, but they disappeared before they reached him. His eyes dangerously glowed green. That idiot, though, turned his back to Leo - and Leo attacked from behind. He cried out in surprise, then fought back - but on the ground. Leo had the advantage of being on top. I began to try and break the restraints, but they weren't like any I had seen before. They wouldn't break. Where was Ken now? He'd probably know how to undo these. Ken? I tried to transmit. No answer. That was when I began to panic. Ken?! Still no answer. 

In the time I had used to try to reach Ken, Terre had gotten free - injured badly - from Leo. He was now facing me, I realized, and the light was beginning to glow again. I shut my eyes - which was a stupid move, done on instinct and without thought - and found myself being pushed back by Terre. I opened my eyes, refocused and fought back at Terre. My wrists were burning - he was holding me back, but the restraints were pulling me to the stone again. I pushed against Terre, but I felt my muscles burning, tired. I hadn't eaten in a while - I was using bits of energy left. Terre was torn back from me by Leo, but the tough material at me wrists flung me forward. I cried out when my body slammed against the rock. Did these things ever wear out and stretch?

Leo was losing against Terre. He was tired, too. Leo eventually fell to a hard blow to his shin with a cry, and I couldn't even try to reach him with the tight bands. I was gathering my strength when the light was coming in again. Leo's eyes closed, and I cried out his name - while I closed my eyes. But I was out with a hard blow to the head anyway.

---

Sorry with the late post. Fantasy is amazing... and the M/V is just all the more confusing. :P I hope someone can make some sense out of it, at least... Love Me Do and Butterfly Effect are great, too. Listen to them if you haven't yet!