Chapter 19 ~ A Too Easy Rescue

The spell eventually wore off, but by then Bronze and Leo were long gone. I ran out the second I could move again, and speeded up the long stairs. When I reached the surface, I found the rooms empty. I went out to the front, and there were the rest, fighting the Heavenly Beast. They all were tiring, but the beast was not. It was larger than I imagined. I created a blade and ran to the beast, slashing and creating a scratch across it's torso. It made a surprised shriek, and fire came down on me. I ran from it, causing the beast to spin around to try and burn me.

How do you kill this thing? I telepathically asked N.

With darkness. It's the only way. I let my sword turn into two orbs of darkness, and threw them at the beast. It shrieked again. It flew up high, and fire rained down on all of us. We ran out of the fire's way, and I flew upwards, making sure the rest were safe and resting for now. The beast's attention was on me. It breathed fire continuously at me, and I made sure to avoid it. I threw darkness at it. The beast avoided it too. I created dark smoke from my hands, and it curled towards the fire, pushing it back to the beast. The beast grunted and tried harder, and the smoke pulled back. I pushed harder, and the smoke overrode the fire and slammed into the beast's face. It shrieked yet again and fell to the Underworld floor with a crack. I saw the rest huddle around the beast.

Is it dead? I asked Hongbin.

It's dead. I took to confirmation and immediately left, speedily heading towards the gate stairs.

Where are you going?!

I'm going to rescue Leo. Did any angels live?

No. Not even the master. N was stronger than him by a lot.

That's all I need to know.

Hey, you can't go alone! I didn't answer. I made it up and to the gate, and ran through. I ended back up on the human surface and ran towards what I remembered as the location of the Gate to Heaven. If the angel master was dead, then Bronze immediately became the master. Bronze was a bit of a challenge to take on, though. We'd be battling on his territory...

No. I wasn't going to let myself doubt. I couldn't let myself lose hope. This was for Leo, the person I loved, the person I wanted to protect most. I arrived at the gates soon. I burst through them and ended up in a world that was made of bright things, white marble and other material and gold. I ran for the palace, and broke through the gate and the doors. To my surprise, Leo and Bronze were there. Bronze was talking to - no, threatening - Leo. Leo was still in that fucking net like a wild animal. Bronze stopped and looked up at me.

"That was fast, Ravi," he said. "I guess you care for Leo quite a bit. Well, hurts nothing to fight again."

"You're going to die," I grumbled.

"Well, how does it sound for you that I became the angel master? I'm stronger than you by a long way."

"You think? I'm in my true form, something you angels don't have. I can manage easily."

"You can't kill me," Bronze countered again. "The angelic blade is the only thing I die to. And it's the thing your master dies to as well." So I can kill him with the sword... I'll surprise him then.

"It's worth a fight." Bronze laughed, and summoned a sword. I summoned darkness to my hands. The darkness was weaker here, but it would still hurt. I shot at Bronze, hitting his stomach. Bronze stumbled, then charged. I dodged and shot at him again. I only had to hit him once more. I threw and threw, but Bronze was swift. I couldn't even trick him. I kept throwing. Bronze threw me back with a sudden shove, but at that moment I also threw darkness. Bronze was hit, and he suddenly fell to the floor on his back. He tried to get up, but the spell I used kept him down. Only his face could move.

"You can't kill me," Bronze said.

"Actually, I can." I summoned the sword to my hands, and Bronze's eyes went wide. "Don't worry. I'll spare you this once. Us demons want balance, and it won't be fair to have the Upperworld empty. But Leo's coming back, and so is this sword."

"That's hardly balanced."

"Excuse me? You were the one that wanted power over us because we could somehow trust you after starting all the battles. This is why we will take the sword, and Leo comes back." I cut the net open with the blade, and Leo scrambled out. He embraced me tightly but didn't say a word.

"We'll meet again, I'm sure," I say as I leave with Leo.

"That was fast," Leo said once we were heading to the Underworld gate. "I mean, it was faster than what I expected from a heaven master versus demon fight." I nodded.

"That was pretty fast. It was because it was 1 v 1, and Bronze wasn't really trying 'cause he thought I couldn't beat him." Leo nodded.

"Thank you, Ravi."

"I love you, Leo. It was my choice. You don't have to thank me." I smiled. We went back to the Underworld. The others asked us many questions about what happened, if we were okay, and then began to act suspicious about the ease of how everything happened. We both admitted it was suspicious, but at least Leo was safe and we had a card against Bronze now.

"It only matters that you're safe," I told Leo once we were sent to our room to rest. Everyone was going to rest for now.

"What do we do tomorrow?" Leo asked.

"We can have some time together... just the two of us," I told him. Leo smiled softly.