Chapter 1 ~ Dreams

(Slightly edited)

The smoke hisses as it fades into the air around the four figures. They all peer at the cage where the smoke emits. As the smoke escapes, Darkness enters. Curls of black Darkness swirl around the cage. Then the smoke and Darkness clear completely, and reveal a human-like being inside the cage, slouching forward with its head down. If human, someone would've guessed this creature was a seventeen year-old boy teenager, one that had a well built body. Yet this creature had dirty white hair.

"What shall be his name?" The being most left of the cage asked.

"Ravi," the leader said firmly. The other three nodded, agreeing. "Finally," N spoke in a soft tone. "We have succeeded." Ravi's powerful Aura grew stronger as N stepped closer, and he unlatched the cage. He swung the cover open, and took Ravi into his hands bridal style. His back turned to the other three, he whispered into Ravi's ear. "I hope you'll grow to be as great as the rest of us." N turned around and the figures all left in silence to the Ceremony Room, a room where ceremonies that marked special achievements were held. No, it was no festival or celebration of sorts - a ceremony, according the Underworld, was a sacrifice. Ravi was put down on the small mattress for the recent birthed ones. The spell master of the four beings, Hongbin, began to murmur another one of his practiced spells. Darkness appeared once more, colored the deep purple of midnight. Ravi's Aura grew visible more and more as the Darkness swirled around him but not above, allowing the four to always see Ravi. Auras are unique things to each being for itself, and Ravi's was glittering black. As if someone had flicked a switch, the Aura and Darkness disappeared within moments from sight. Ravi's eyes shot open, and revealed his red irises and black pupils. Taemin, another of the four, gave N the black slate of stone. Ravi remained in the bed, motionless, staring at the ceiling and barely breathing. N walked closer to Ravi, and extended a nail to a black claw. N cut deeply through Ravi's right wrist, but Ravi did not have a reaction. He only remained with his eyes open, unblinking. N drew back the claw and took Ravi's blood on his finger like ink, and began to write characters of the ancient script onto the black stone. Translated, Ravi's blood name was written - Kim Wonsik. N passed the stone to Taemin back, and Taemin quickly left silently to place the stone in the rightful room. "Wake, Kim Wonsik," N orders, Ravi, who had not moved an inch since opening his eyes, blinked. He sat up, taking a small while to take in his environment around him. He immediately got off the bed and kneeled in front of N. "Rise." Ravi stands without a sound, and Taemin slips in next to N. "What do you know?" N tests.

"Name of Ravi, I bear the blood title of Kim Wonsik. Before me stands my Master N, Master Taemin, Master Hongbin, and Master Kai respectively. I am a Shadow Spirit." N raises an eyebrow.

"Shadow Spirit," Kai whispers quietly. All in the room, perhaps not Ravi himself, knew the great capabilities of a Shadow Spirit.

"Let us move on. You shall start training immediately," N orders.

"Yes, Master," Ravi answers as if he's known protocol for years by now. N gestures for Ravi to follow Hongbin, and he obeys and leaves the room to the Training Area. The door closes behind them.

"Lord N, do you believe Ravi shall be the one?" Taemin asks carefully.

"I do. And I trust him to eliminate that Demi-Wolf. We must give him the hardest training starting from tomorrow, and push him towards the path to be Immortal and take revenge for us on Heaven."

----

"Okay, we'll start with the basics. I want you to turn invisible as a spirit." Hongbin gives simple instructions, and Ravi follows them easily. But really, Ravi had other thoughts as he obeyed Hongbin drill by drill. He was trying to imagine what is future was going to be like. He tried imagining all sorts of things, but never once did he imagine falling in love.