Chapter 27 ~ Bloodthirst

I'm gonna try to keep the graphic scene... less graphic. Try. Please don't hate on me for what characters do in the story, and remember this is purely fiction and is not based on any real life events. (Maybe not the WonTaek part but you get what I mean.)

I was so, so hungry.
I needed to run and find something to eat, before I went crazy. I threw my blankets aside, making sure not to hit Leo, and ran out the bedroom door as quietly as possible. Once I closed the door behind me, and dashed down the stairs. I hoped no one would wake to finding my presence gone.

But what was there to eat? We usually ate fruits and vegetables because we had eaten so much meat when we were young so didn't really feel like eating more. We only ate meat when the time came, or just on occasion if we missed the taste - even if we did get sick of it sometimes, it tastes really good nonetheless. I needed to go to the kitchen. I speeded down as fast as possible and opened the food shelf. I grabbed a random strawberry and began eating.

I was through two bananas, ten strawberries and a whole basket of blueberries by now. And I felt hungrier than before. That was when my dark form came to help. You need meat, he whispered. I sighed, washing my fruit juice colored hands. I'd have to devour the meat we had and go replace it later on. I took a piece of raw meat under my dark form's instructions and chewed on it. I continued to eat my way through all the raw meat we had. And I was still left hungry. What do I need? I asked my dark form. He didn't answer. I kinda already knew. Blood.

I had grabbed a cloak and shifted to my human-er form, the only hint of my demon side being my claws, my sharp teeth, and my eyes that occasionally flashed red. I was walking on the human surface. It was deep into the night. I was searching through forests, until I felt a presence. It was a wolf... two wolves. Three wolves. They came my way, in a triangle formation. One was leading two that ran side by side. The leader, the one up front, growled at me. I held out a hand and let the wolf sniff it. It barked something to the others, and left me alone. I guessed they'd smell Leo's scent on me, even if it was a little. And it wasn't blood that they smelled, so they probably guessed I befriended a wolf. And I did. More than befriended.

I moved on, but the farther I went, the more begging my stomach became. You're running out of time, my dark form said, pleading. Hurry. I began to pick up my pace. But no prey-worthy animals came into my path, only the occasional wolves or a small bird flying overhead. I couldn't kill a wolf for Leo's sake, and we'd already both come to a neutral relationship. I didn't need huge furred balls of fury coming after me - no offense to Leo. Before I knew it, I ended up on a street. The middle of a road. Behind me were footsteps.

Humans.

"Hey, you," he called out. I turned around, retracting my claws and forcing my eyes to keep black-brown. I pulled the hood of my cloak off, revealing my head.

"What?"

"What are you doing out here?" Asked a dark clothed figure. He stood along with five other people clothed identically to him. And in their hands were pistols.

"It's none of your business."

"What kind of rich person roams these streets this late? It's our luck, boys." That was when I noticed I was surrounded, now, by the dark clothes people. They had seen me rich because of my cloak. It had gold lines of decoration and a few real jewels. Soon enough, I had seven pistols pointed at me. Only the leader didn't point one. "Give us your money."

"You're making the last mistake of your lives," I say. The leader laughs.

"If it's anyone that's in danger, it's you." My eyes flared red for a moment, and the leader stopped laughing. His face was written with fear.

"What is it, boss?" Asked one from behind me. He hadn't seen my eyes.

"H-Hand your money over," the leader demanded again. I couldn't deal with this. I was losing time, and I could go crazy any time now. I summoned dark smoke from beneath the criminals and wrapped it around them. There were surprised shouts and sounds of pistols falling to the ground. Then the screams of getting burned. You love the sound, whispered my dark side. No. I shook my head. Oh, come on. You cherish the sound of great pain, don't you? Why don't you hear it more? So my dark form was either helpful or... dark. Soon, the smoke disappeared and the eight corpses fell to the ground, asphyxiated. I turned their bodies to ash, and let the next breeze take them wherever they were to go. I left the pistols there for anyone thirsty for a mystery.

Thirsty...
So thirsty...

Hurry up! My dark form urged. Wow. One minute telling me to kill, next minute telling me to get on with what I need. I put that aside, though. I had a more important matter to finish. Should I have eaten those... humans? No. I didn't want such dirty things within me.

"B-Blood," I said aloud, as if it could fix anything. I continued on. Then more footsteps.

"Ravi!" N's voice. I turned around. Food. No, what was I thinking?!

"S-Stay away from me," I shouted. N's scent was so powerful.

"What are you doing?!" I didn't answer. I ran off into the woods. "Ravi!" N chased after me, and caught me - he was faster than me.

"Let go!"

"Not until you tell me why you ran off!"

"I need... I need blood!" I screamed. N let go of me, and I crumpled to the ground. After a few heavy breaths, I got back up. I smelled a human nearby...

"Ravi, no!" I ran towards a lost girl. Maybe the age of eight, nine? But I didn't care when I ran. The child screamed. I pinned her down, and began to feed on her. "Ravi!" N screamed. I didn't listen. I didn't have any thought in my head. I was just... just... Hungry. "Ravi, stop!" I didn't listen. "Stop!" The girl screamed for her mother. Her cries stopped when I finished devouring her. Her blood-coated hollow body was lying still, and her face was left paralyzed with fear, wet with tears. "Ravi!" N shrieked.

"I-I don't... I don't..." I was at loss for words. What have I done?!

"What in Hell's name was that!? You killed a child! No, not just killed, but fed on her!"

"I... I'm sorry-"

"Sorry is all that you have to say?!"

"I... I don't know, N." It was then that my dark form appeared.

"What the...?"

"I'm Ravi's dark form," he explained to N. "I was formed when he almost... did it to Leo. He explained, right?" N nodded. "I warned him that he was starving himself from kill-earned blood for too long. I warned him he was going to go on a rampage, so he ran and went to hunt. He nearly went crazy just now, but I guess I should've warned him earlier. Maybe then this wouldn't have happened." My dark form lowered his head. "I'm sorry." He was apologizing?!

N sighed. "It's fine for now - just besides the fact that he murdered a young girl. We need to get you're other form to hunt again. I believe that won't be enough." My dark form nodded, and disappeared.

"I tried the raw meat we had," I told N before he asked. "My dark form said I needed raw blood, fresh blood."

"You could feed off me." I shook my head.

"I'm too hungry for that. If I started, I could end up feeding off of you and the others and still be hungry."

"I always wondered why you weren't going crazy while you starved yourself," N said. "I guess it was the determined mind you have." I got up, and let the ruined corpse turn to ash.

"I'm sorry to the mother and father," I say.

"Just try to forget about it. We need you to eat to avoid that again." I nodded. We set off again.

---

We came back to the Underworld palace after I had hunted five horses and two great grey owls. I was satisfied with the blood. N left to catch up on his sleeping, but when I entered my room, Leo was awake with a horrified expression when he saw me. I explained to him what happened, and explained why I was covered in blood.

"I also want you to meet someone. My dark form."