Chapter 33 ~ Angel Witch

We had arrived at Ken's old home - Ken had led us to it once he said he sensed his brother there. We found the living room to be empty - but the basement was not. Ken and I faced his brother, Terre, and Leo. Leo was chained to the far wall. I was sure by now that I was as sick of chains as I was of losing Taekwoon. It was like trying to hold water - You held it for a little bit, until it slipped through the space between your fingers again. And you caught the water again, but less of it. And then less of it. Until you lost the water forever.

I was going to make sure that didn't happen.

Leo didn't say anything when he saw us. He was tired - he was caught up in a fight of trying to keep his eyelids up. Terre, on the other hand, smiled.

"How nice of you to come with my brother," he said so brightly, I could barely tell if he was being sarcastic. I decided he was when he glared at Ken. I shuddered, despite how he wasn't looking my way. I could almost see the daggers flying from his icy stare.

"You still haven't explained to me how you survived the drowning." Ken crossed his arms. Terre mirrored it.

"Do you still need everything to be spoon-fed to you? Why can't you live with a few missing holes?" 

"I can. I'm not a baby anymore. I'm only younger than you by a few years." Terre - childishly - stuck a tongue out at Ken. Ken tackled his brother, rolling over with Terre onto the ground. I couldn't help but wonder what they would've been like in their early ages, fighting over things every day - but I needed to help Leo. I rushed over to him, but the chains were the same was from the chamber before. Something flew in my direction from the two fighting siblings, and I ducked - it hit the wall behind me with a clink. I picked it up - it was a spherical, black marble that had one small line jutting out of it. I guessed it was the tool Ken used for the chains before. I held it to Leo's and they shattered to pieces immediately. I gave Leo a shake, helping him stay awake.

"Come on," I told him. Leo rubbed his eyes, but nodded. I turned around, only to look straight into Terre's eyes. It was then that I realized Ken was as frozen as a statue off to the side. Leo ran over to him, and I wanted to as well. But the light had already flooded my vision. I stared in a trance into Terre's eyes. Memories flashed before my own, then focused back into the bright green world.

"Leo!" I shouted. I leapt up, but Ken grabs my collar. I look straight into his challenging stare. But I immediately regret it - there's something hypnotizing about those green eyes. My mind screams at me to look away, but I can't. Move your head, Ravi. Move. You're helpless to save Taekwoon like this. MOVE! I screamed to myself mentally.

It didn't work this time. I tried shouting at myself again, tried to threaten myself by imagining the worst happening to Leo. The light, as Ken had called it that time, was stronger. I couldn't even speak, couldn't move. And now I was losing the ability to think clearly. I faintly cursed at myself in my head, though the thought didn't quite make it through. Come on, Ravi!

Come on, Wonshik! It wasn't me. It was Leo's voice - but it sounded like an echo in my head, as if my head were empty.

Come on... vi!

Come...n Ra...

Wa... up R...

Snap ou... of... -t, Ki... ..on....

Lis...n me!

R...i!

Wo..ik!

St... him... ree!

...avi!

...vi!

Silence.