With final preparations now finished, the two set off on foot towards the den on the beast. Even a voidling could be charmed by Sona's personality, and the gentle soul had molded her way into the hearts of many, Ezreal included. As promised, Rek' Sai stood at attention, slowly inching her way to the ground, waiting for the two adventurers to climb atop her. Ezreal settled in first, reaching down and extending his hand to Sona. With a grateful smile, the Maven took hold of his hand, and with a gentle tug, the two were now seated and prepared to head out. Rek' Sai nodded to herself, and with a wiggle, she assured the two were holding on tight and off she went.

With a panicked expression, Sona wrapped her arms around Ezreal, her head burying in the crook of his neck, as the male let out a terrifying scream at the sheer speed of the creature. He knew Rek' Sai was fast, but this was too much, even for him. After a minute or two, however, the two grew accustomed to the uncomfortable speed at which they traveled, and Sona relaxed slightly, daring to peek at the desert scenery before them. The endless mounds and the sand-filled horizon was rather dull, but the sand itself was mesmerizing, it almost looked wet from the way the sun shimmered down on the sandy pebbles.

Rek' Sai came to an abrupt stop, causing the two passengers to jolt to attention. It was practically unheard of for any voidling creature to be afraid, but Rek' Sai was uncomfortable and refused to take another step forward. Sona played a soft and comforting note hoping to inspire courage into the creature, but alas, Rek' Sai did not answer. "Don't worry. You've done more than enough," Ezreal comforted patting the voidling's back as he slid off the side. Once he landed with a small thud, his feet firmly rooted in the sandy desert soil, he motioned for Sona to follow, and obliging, the Maven slid from the side of the void creature and landed on the ground beside her partner, Ezreal's arms resting underneath hers.

"We'll continue on foot from here," Ezreal gestured and glancing at the radiant sun, he made haste, glancing over his shoulder to see how Sona was holding up. She was always so gentle, and he often forgot that just like him, she was a fighter. And although everyone always worried over her like a porcelain doll, she was capable of holding her own. That being said, she was no one-man army like some, but she was plenty strong on her own.

Not before long they stumbled upon the outskirts of Shurima, the once great empire still buried beneath the sand, leaving only the ruins and remnants of what could have been. It was eerily quiet, and in the desert, that would have been normal for some, but Ezreal couldn't hear anything. Not even the gentle gust that often swept across the desert in waves. Sona strayed from Ezreal as she inspected the architecture, the detail on what once used to be simple homes was simple yet elegant, Her hand gently cleared the dusted stones, and she stared at the golden plaque, reflecting the sun's light. Her thumb pressed gently against the plate of gold, admiring the decor and wishing to feel the texture against the pad of her finger, but as a shadow cast itself across her and the plaque, she noticed a distorted reflection and turned around.

Ezreal was quick to act, and he threw himself against Sona, dragging her through the sand-filled streets as the giant snake collided against the building she had last been admiring, reducing it to rubble. The two wasted no time as Ezreal got to his feet, and Sona quickly followed suit, no waiting to see what the snake would do next. They ran through the endless streets that once used to be the proud Shuriman empire and took as many turns as they could hoping to lose the beast, but it was much too large and effortlessly spotted them from a distance.

Ezreal glanced back over his shoulder, but his foot caught on a slab that hadn't been properly buried and tripped, eating sand on the way down. Sona came to a halt almost instantly as she came to his aid. "What are you doing? Run!" Ezreal shouted, but leaving anyone behind was not how Sona operated; she was too noble to be selfish. The snake quickly caught up, slithering through the ruins and as soon as it reached the duo, it lunged, its fang bracing to pierce flesh. Sona fired a note at the reptile, but it did not flinch. To their luck, however, Rek' Sai emerged before them from a hole in the ground, and they both watched as the snake's fangs failed to sink into her thick hide, the voidling now officially pissed.