Chapter 24- The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Davis," Alpha says to the guard, not even looking back at us. "You may leave us now."

The guard places me on my feet and strides away, leaving me standing in the doorway alone.

"Come on in, Estelle," he tells me. "We need to speak about a few things."

I stride on in, going to take a seat into a sofa across him when he holds up a hand to stop me.

"You think I want your scum all over my sofa?" He questions. "Stand and take a step back, you smell like complete shit."

Sighing once again, I step back and look into his bright neon yellow eyes.

"What is it you may wish to speak about?" I ask him politely while trying to keep my calm.

He sets his glass of wine on a side table as he sits up straighter, his eyes dipping down my body.

"I don't know," Alpha replies. "How about you tell me. You're the one who thinks affairs are accepted in this committee."

"Who ever said-" I start.

"Saying things like that will only make your situation worsen right now," he slurs, sipping more wine. "Now tell me truthfully."

I let out a long quivering breath...

"Yes, I've done things in the past that I'm not necessarily proud of," I honestly speak. "But what does that matter?"

"What matters is that your release out of CottonWood will be probably close to impossible," he explains. "You've given your purity away which was only meant for your Alpha."

"It was already gone from Rangel," I argue.

"You disgust me," he replies, gulping his wine until it was an empty wineglass. "Davis, refill my glass sire!"

The guard comes stalking in and grabs the wine bottle off the coffee table to pour it into his glass. "Anything else I may help with?"

"Escort Estelle to the nurse's room down the hall," he says. "We've got some business."

"Yes sir," Davis bows politely, taking my arm in his tight grasp. "Does the nurse know of her arrival?"

The alpha sips more wine, his eyelids growing heavy under the the alcohol's influence.

"Of course she does. Don't question my motives sire," he answers, before Davis nods and leads me out of the room

Knowing he wanted me to get tested if I was pregnant or not, I fight in the guard's grip to only have myself picked off the ground and thrown over his broad shoulder before making his way down the dim hallway.

Punching his hard armor with fury, I get dumped onto a doctor's table that looked like a vet's silver counter for animals with a throbbing fist.

The nurse gazes at me with a warm smile on her lips. "Pleased to meet you, Estelle."

Not saying anything in response, she turns to Davis and he takes his helmet off to reveal golden locks that curled above his pasty ears and forehead with a sharp chin and chocolate eyes which said he was human.