Michael kijkt me sceptisch aan. 'No flirting? That has to be a miracle...'

'Dude, I have a fucking beautiful and sweet mate now. Of course I'm not going to cheat on her.' snauw ik hem boos toe.

Die kerel denkt echt alles behalve positief over mij en is niet bang om het te zeggen. Vuile klootzak, hij mag blij zijn dat we net op tijd nog een vierde ticket konden regelen want anders had hij niet eens mee gekund!

'Guys, just stop. We're not here to fight your battles. We're here to find Sophie, so concentrate.' zegt Seff streng terwijl hij naar de lift loopt, met ons achter zich aan.

'You're right but that doesn't mean I trust you, Walker.'

'I didn't expect anything less, Michaelangelo.'

'HOW THE FACK DO YOU KNOW MY FULL NAME?!'

Ik staar hem aan voor zeker een minuut aan voor ik in lachen uitbarst. 'Are you serious? Thát's your full name? Oh my god! And here I thought I was just saying something!'

'GUYS! STOP!' sist Seff pissig.

'Okay, okay. I'll stop.' zeg ik gniffelend terwijl ik de lift inloop.

'You know that Sophie is going to hear all the things that you did, right?' zegt Michael "dreigend"

'Then she has to hear your full name to.'

'She already knows, so that's not a problem. But how do you think she will react when she hears how you've treated her older brother?'

'You're not her brother. The only brother she has, is me.'

'I think that I've been a better brother to her then you these days and she said that I was her brother so I think I am her brother too.'

Seff kijkt Michael moordend aan en keert zich vervolgens naar mij. 'Do you mind if Michael shares a room with you?'

Sprakeloos kijk ik hem aan. Is hij serieus?! Hij heeft toch gezien hoe hij me behandelde en ik hem?! En dan denkt hij dat ik met hém aan kamer wil delen? Is hij helemaal gek geworden?!

'If I'm going to share a room with him, I might kill him with my soul.'

Grommend kijk ik boos voor me uit. 'Fine.'

Ik voel Seff zijn adem opgelucht uitblazen. Ja, opgelucht mag hij wel zijn, ja. God, nu moet ik voor de komende tijd een kamer met Michael delen...

Dit word echt een hel....

Jace pov.

'Godverdomme...' mompelt Sophie terwijl ze de kamer binnenkomt lopen.

'That sounds like a curse. Why are you swearing?'

'Because the only thing I do is train and translate. I want to go outside! See my home country! Enjoy the hard wind and the heavy rain, the cold, the smell of the now blooming flowers. See the life return in the trees and seeing the animals return. The last time I've seen the sky while I was outside is three days ago.' zegt Sophie terwijl ze zich chagrijnig op haar bed laat vallen.

'Well, if it makes you feel any better: the only thing they allow me to do is sitting on a chair while they tap my blood so they can understand our, so called, bond.'

'You know we have a bond, Jace. You're my wolf only you're not in my head.'

'Yeah, that's true. And I understand their actions but they don't treat us as equals and humans.' klaag ik terwijl ik mijn handen achter mijn hoofd leg.

'Well, we're not exactly 'human' now, are we?' zegt Sophie terwijl ze me met sprankelende ogen aankijkt.

Ik schiet in de lach. 'Okay, that's true.'

It's complicated ●The Lost Mind Series●जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें