12

"Hello?"

I still don't understand why people choose to call me while I'm driving. Don't they know I could get in an accident because you wanna call me while I'm driving.

"Wussup Rod? I'm driving."

"Oh damn it can wait, call me when you get to where you going"

"Kay, bye love."

"Bye."

I end the call and focus back on the road. I'm supposed to go and see my daddy today and Kole's supposed to meet me up there.

When I pull up to the jails I look for the closest parking space to the front door and get it.

"Ok Kia you got this. Daddy shouldn't get too mad when you tell him what happened right?" I ask myself while checking my makeup and fixing my passion purple Matte lipstick.

I get out, smooth my grey bodycon sundress and adjust my box braided bun before rehearsing what I'm going to say to him and waiting. I wait for Kole on a little bench outside while I repeat the situation to myself and think of all of the outcomes.

"Daddy listen it wasn't even that serious it was a minor mistake the boys didn't balance the scale right and we ended up bagging a couple of things a couple of grams over." This is definitely not gonna be good.

I spot Kole walking towards me and she had a look of concern and distraught in her eyes. I can't help but think its because she knows how our fathers going to react when he hears the stupid mistake I made, or worse, I mother called and said something to her to make her think so little of herself all over again.

"Oooo shit now look at you, B.B." I say breaking her out of her thoughts, she smiles.

"Deadball, but thanks boo you lookin like you tryna steal somebody daddy too." I laugh and playfully smack her shoulder.

We walk in together hand in hand and sign in waiting for them to call in the next group of visitors. While we wait we have small talk about our plans for the weekend and sneek one in about business. After a good 15 minutes they finally call us back. We spot our father sitting at a small round metal table in the far right corner. He means business, usually he likes to be in the middle so the other families can admire us but not today.

I sit on the right side of Kole and he takes one of our hands in each of his hands. I give him a warm smile but he has a blank face planted on him making me shiver a bit and Kole's concerned look come back in a flash.

"I heard that there was a little mix up this week, can anybody tell me what the fuck goin on?" He ask releasing our hands and staring into our eyes, almost as if he's watching for the truth.

I swallow the lump in my throat and open my mouth to speak but no words come out. This time I force myself to tell him, but again I'm tongue tied.

"I wasn't watching the guys or double checking and we put newbies on the scales instead of in the street and niggas won't baggin right, didn't even have the scale on 0 like how the fuck is that possible? It was a careless mistake and I'll make sure it never happens again." I finally manage to spit out he shakes his head at me and then smiles.

"I believe that it won't happen again but other than that I heard business been boomin. I guess i made a bright choice leaving my girls in charge, I just hope y'all gettin y'all money the clean way."
Kole's eyes widen as if he know something. He laughs and I look back and fourth between both of them. He does know. But I wonder what it is.